PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Case Fan Suggestions..

styles-T
01-14-03, 09:44 AM
Any suggestions on a case fan that can move some air that doesnt sound like a Hemy with a slant 6 in it..:(

I have a few Vantec Toronados and it sounds like I have a generator in my room :(

Need 3 - 80mm and 1 - 120mm..Thx

FastM
01-14-03, 09:59 AM
Antec's 80mm 4-pin Sleeve Bearing Fan's are very quiet and do the job.

3rd one down http://www.antec-inc.com/f_case.html

saturnotaku
01-14-03, 12:33 PM
Vantec Stealth fans are very nice as well. I have those and they're nice and quiet.

You can get 'em from www.1coolpc.com

marqmajere
01-14-03, 01:06 PM
Have you tried this unit yet?

http://www.overclockers.com/articles589/

pelly
01-14-03, 01:46 PM
I think the Vantec ThermoFlow ( I think that's their name ) are a good palce to look...They perform a bit better ( albeit a bit louder ) than the Vantec Stealth fans....though nowhere near as loud as the Tornados...

:D

Jon
01-15-03, 03:12 PM
I used to have 6 delta fans in my case and they were driving me crazy. I replaced them with Akasa Nebula fans (the ones with four colour LEDs). Not only are they quieter in dB rating but also they use sleeve bearings rather than louder ball bearings.

Now my case looks cool and I can hear myself think again. BTW its worth mentioning that none of my temperature readings were affected at all!!! System, processor and MB temperatures all remained the same.

|JuiceZ|
01-15-03, 03:54 PM
good info guys. I'm kinda in the same boat 'cause although my bay bus helps cut down on the noise, I still have to sacrifice alot on cooling perf. I'll have to check some of these out, especially the Akasa Nebula...being an avid case modder :cool:

Dazz
01-19-03, 06:29 PM
My case has 3x Antec 2600 rpm 80mm & 2x Evercool 2000rpm 80mm fans, Overall it's still fairly quieter then my friends FOP38 60mm 7200rpm CPU fan. They don't screch either it's more of a powerful hum.

Cloudy
01-20-03, 11:17 AM
yes... vantec stealth.. 80mm. I swear, you can't hear the things.

Nemesis
01-20-03, 12:08 PM
I recently went for a couple of Thermaltake Smart Case Fan 2's, and they are pretty impressive for a number of reasons:

1. They come with a thermal sensor and a variable resistor, which gives you two options. I've got the front fan set to an acceptable noise level via the variable resistor, and the exhaust is using the thermal sensor - which is on an 8" lead - stuck to the HSF. It only gets noisy when things hot up.

2. The CFM is 20-75, so you've got some options there! Flat out they are very noisy (48dba) but shift some serious air...

3. They come with a neat "Tt" grille, fixing bolts, and thermal tape.

4. They come with a 3-4 pin power convertor, which has a fan rpm lead as well, so ideal for HSF applications.

5. They're bright orange :eek:

They are by no means ultra quiet, but if you can adjust the speed, then you should get a compomise between noise and cooling efficiency.