PDA

View Full Version : SLI Question

MiNdWaRp
01-05-06, 04:22 PM
Hi!

I have 2 BFG 6600GT OC PCi-E 128 MB video cards along with a DFI Lanparty Ultra D NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard. I'm lookin to go SLI, but my power supply won't allow me to.

I've been looking at some power supplies and I'm looking for an opinion on one. The Antec TrueControl 2.0 550W. I'd like to know if this is a good PSU to use for SLI. As far as I know, it doesn't have SLI certification, but it seems to have the power capabilities.

Would this be a good PSU for me to use or should I spend the extra few bucks and grab one that's SLI certified?

Thanks, Mike.

Wolfhound
01-06-06, 05:18 AM
I have one SLI certified the Tagan U2Force 580W, but before I was using the Thermaltake 560W (not SLI certified and doesn´t has PCIe connectors) in my SLI rig without problems

john19055
01-06-06, 07:47 AM
Yes that antec 550W TrueControl 2.0 will work great for your SLI setup.

Peoples-Agent
01-06-06, 08:07 AM
I have one SLI certified the Tagan U2Force 580W, but before I was using the Thermaltake 560W (not SLI certified and doesn´t has PCIe connectors) in my SLI rig without problems

I'm loving the Tagan2Force 580W , sometimes I have to double check the fans working because it's literally silent, my PC has never run so smooth since I fitted this thing. Worth every penny!

MiNdWaRp
01-06-06, 07:14 PM
Alright, thanks guys!

Another question though...Should I bother to spend the extra 40 bucks to get an OCZ Powerstream 520W. From what I've heard, it's the best SLI PSU there is. I won't go the extra mile if I dont really have to, assuming a TrueControl will handle most SLI setups to date.