PDA

View Full Version : Buy new mouse?

eli
01-05-06, 05:40 PM
I have intelli optical mouse, im thinking of buying mx518 or g5, is this a good move? Cant i turn up the sensitivity in my settings and get the same effect? I only really play fps, mohaa sniper, just starting on css, what do you advise?

nV`andrew
01-05-06, 07:02 PM
I have intelli optical mouse, im thinking of buying mx518 or g5, is this a good move? Cant i turn up the sensitivity in my settings and get the same effect? I only really play fps, mohaa sniper, just starting on css, what do you advise?

The mx518 and g5 are both excellent mice. I have the MX518, and with my constant 130fps on my new system it owns especially in source and other games that you can snipe in:D

KickAssCop
01-05-06, 11:59 PM
I would not advise the G5 since I never quite found any use for 2000 dpi, it does not have a forward button and button placement for dpi switching sucks ass (I kept hitting the wrong button for switching :bleh: ). Other than that, the only redeeming qualities for that mouse are excellent feet, grip and weights. MX518 on the other hand is cheaper, 1600 dpi (lazer vs. optical is ZERO difference) and ofcourse the dpi switching is better and it has a better scroll wheel too.

Make your choice...

keith33
01-06-06, 12:05 AM
Don't forget the Razer Copperhead, amazing for those that like the shape!

nV`andrew
01-06-06, 12:23 AM
Don't forget the Razer Copperhead, amazing for those that like the shape!

:werd:

razor copperhead and mx518 ftw (nana2)

PikachuMan
01-06-06, 12:44 AM
I use the G5 mouse, it's nice, my only complaint really is the middle click/scroll button is a bit hard to push down on. I keep scrolling when I'm actually trying to middle click. The DPI-buttons seem perfectly placed, though. I would have liked a second thumb button, but not a big concern for me.

On the upside, it's extremely responsive, it slides nicely and the adjustable weights seem genius. The sides have a bit of a grit on them, which makes it rather comfortable, IMO. I run without the software, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Wolfhound
01-06-06, 01:07 AM
Buy the Razer Copperhead

Rakeesh
01-06-06, 02:40 AM
I just got myself the copperhead using a bunch of gift certificates I had for bestbuy for $60. Pretty nice mouse. It is light and unlike the newer logitech mice, actually includes the forward button. And not only that but you can actually bind keystrokes to the two extra buttons without actually having any drivers loaded. The buttons even work in safe mode.

Plus it has teflon feet and the high precision laser tracking. $60 is a very high price to pay, but I think it is worth it.

keith33
01-06-06, 11:21 AM
I just got myself the copperhead using a bunch of gift certificates I had for bestbuy for $60. Pretty nice mouse. It is light and unlike the newer logitech mice, actually includes the forward button. And not only that but you can actually bind keystrokes to the two extra buttons without actually having any drivers loaded. The buttons even work in safe mode.

Plus it has teflon feet and the high precision laser tracking. $60 is a very high price to pay, but I think it is worth it.

I paid $90 when it first came out and that's still worth it for this mouse. I can't even use Logitech mice for gaming anymore.

EatFresh
01-06-06, 11:38 AM
Logitech G7... No other mouse can touch it in my opinion ;) .. I'll be trying the new creative 2020 too when it comes out, but for now the G7 is king.