PDA

View Full Version : Are All E-ATX Cases Compatible with ATX Mobos?

GamerGuyX
01-06-06, 12:41 AM
Just like the title says. More specifically do you think this Alienware MJ-12 case (which is in the E-ATX form factor if I'm not mistaken) support any regular ATX mobo?

Link: http://www.alienware.com/product_detail_pages/MJ-12_7550a/mj-12_7550a_gallery_front.aspx?SysCode=PC-MJ12-7550-A&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

Just asking because I love the case and have the opportunity to get the case for cheap from my "connection" (but not so cheap where I can risk wasting my money). Thanks for your help guys. :)

ew2x4
01-06-06, 03:42 AM
I'm not totally sure that all of them will, but i DO have an EATX Case with an ATX mobo, so I'm fairly sure if my combo works out they all generally work.

Also, mind me asking how cheap? I really really like those cases as well. I always wondered what the going price for one was.

GamerGuyX
01-06-06, 02:51 PM
I'm not totally sure that all of them will, but i DO have an EATX Case with an ATX mobo, so I'm fairly sure if my combo works out they all generally work.

That's good to know. :)

Do all the screw holes of the mobo lineup with the case or just some of them? What about the PSU? Could I buy any standard ATX PSU?

Also, mind me asking how cheap? I really really like those cases as well. I always wondered what the going price for one was.

Well I only consider it *cheap* in this case because the only other way I could get this case is if I bought the computer from Alienware itself. That would cost me close to 2 Grand. Other than that I can tell you I'm paying $200 for the case. Although I'm not going to tell you where I came across this deal because I don't want you to take it from me. :D