PDA

View Full Version : Went to dual core 4400x2 from fx55 not by choice

Saintster
01-06-06, 12:33 AM
meaning that I borked my fx 55 i was tired and did a build when i shouldn't have,sober but tired excited to get it going. I put the cpu in wrong and bent enough pins to render it useless to say the least i was pissed at myself. I definatly knew better but didn't listen anyway i hoped on my daughters rig and ordered the 4400 toledo x2. I'm blown away as Brian G I think said with dual core it's something that you can't benchmark...awesome cpu.

Monnie Rock
01-06-06, 12:35 AM
I love my dualie,

Glad it all worked out in the end. Welcome to the X2 club. Now, get some rest

Saintster
01-06-06, 12:52 AM
i hear ya Im beat ..Im glad it all worked out also thanks!

bkswaney
01-06-06, 01:54 AM
Dual core or dual cpu's are the only way to go.

And yes it's hard to tell someone who does not have a
dual rig just how much faster they really are.

My first was a Tyan mobo and dual MP's.
After that I was hooked.
I'll never go back to single again. ;)

madmartyau
01-06-06, 02:02 AM
My dualy puts Hyperthreading to shame! I love it.

Knot3D
01-06-06, 03:54 AM
yeah, but dual core + hyperthreading = uber

BrianG
01-06-06, 06:26 AM
meaning that I borked my fx 55 i was tired and did a build when i shouldn't have,sober but tired excited to get it going. I put the cpu in wrong and bent enough pins to render it useless to say the least i was pissed at myself. I definatly knew better but didn't listen anyway i hoped on my daughters rig and ordered the 4400 toledo x2. I'm blown away as Brian G I think said with dual core it's something that you can't benchmark...awesome cpu.
The Dual Core Intangible...

I still try to explain it to friends at work. I am probably going to have to haul my pc to the office some day, heh.

nV`andrew
01-06-06, 10:53 AM
yeah even my 3800 dual core is amazing to me. gmaes are super smooth even when i was installing BF2 and defragging...ill never go back to single , and ive only been dual 4 a week :D

SH0DAN
01-06-06, 11:05 AM
As others have said dual core(AMD)is the shiznit,I will never go back to a single core system,just make sure that you have 2 gigs of ram to go along with that dual core cpu.

Rytir
01-06-06, 11:25 AM
Waiting on the FX-60 Dual myself before I make the jump to dual core loving :P

jolle
01-06-06, 11:45 AM
Currently got SoftImage XSI pushing both the cores to the max here, its a godsend with this project I got going for a course Im taking, its taking the better part of the day, but prolly close o half the time my old 3400+ would have taken since im running this 3800+ close the same speed.
As soon as I sell my old CPU and mobo Ill be changing my RAM to a nice 2x1gb kit aswell.

Saintster
01-06-06, 11:56 AM
The Dual Core Intangible...

I still try to explain it to friends at work. I am probably going to have to haul my pc to the office some day, heh.

I read your original post and or replay to one and that wat really got me thinking about the dual core road. I thought it was just for people that did alot of encoding while playing games. It's so much more it's really like blowing a big booger free and being able to breathe again:D ! I'll never go single core again. I hate the fact I ruined a 800 cpu(highly overpriced) but it's nice to get something that buried that cpu for 2/3 of the price!:p

Saintster
01-06-06, 11:57 AM
Currently got SoftImage XSI pushing both the cores to the max here, its a godsend with this project I got going for a course Im taking, its taking the better part of the day, but prolly close o half the time my old 3400+ would have taken since im running this 3800+ close the same speed.
As soon as I sell my old CPU and mobo Ill be changing my RAM to a nice 2x1gb kit aswell.

sweet..just like the box says do more in less time!

BrianG
01-06-06, 01:27 PM
I read your original post and or replay to one and that wat really got me thinking about the dual core road. I thought it was just for people that did alot of encoding while playing games. It's so much more it's really like blowing a big booger free and being able to breathe again:D ! I'll never go single core again. I hate the fact I ruined a 800 cpu(highly overpriced) but it's nice to get something that buried that cpu for 2/3 of the price!:p
Glad to help. I have been a dual core evangelist ever since I got one. You can't benchmark the difference in how a system feels when you add that second core and AMD's implementation is just amazing.

DScaler use to rip my system a new one. Now, can't tell it's running. (nana2)

Riptide
01-06-06, 01:59 PM
Sheesh. An FX55 isn't exactly a cheap CPU to wreck. That sucks. You may as well have flushed $600 right down the toilet.

I don't know about you... But in my case the screams would be heard around the world. :p

nV`andrew
01-06-06, 02:59 PM
As others have said dual core(AMD)is the shiznit,I will never go back to a single core system,just make sure that you have 2 gigs of ram to go along with that dual core cpu.

yeah..im stuck at a gig now, my other kit died on me. will have to suffice for now, hopefully next month i can get another gig

dual core all teh way! (nana2)

Capt. Picard
01-06-06, 03:11 PM
Us poor bastards in South Africa will have to wait until you guys have bought enough dual core CPUs for the prices to drop before we can afford it too.

Dazz
01-07-06, 02:41 AM
Yeah i got the X2 4400+ the day it came out and never looked back it's pretty
amazing to have a virus scanner going on in the back ground and still be able to play halo and battlefield 2 at the same time. More so due to the fact with the dual core enhancements in video card drives and games like Quake 4 and call of duty 2 taking advantage of dual processor/core rigs.