PDA

View Full Version : g5 vs. copperhead

wheeljack12
01-06-06, 03:12 PM
http://www.zombienexus.com/forums/cms_view_article.php?aid=32&page=1

keith33
01-06-06, 03:16 PM
Wow I wanted to say thanks captain obvious after reading that conclusion but good review. Personally I don't think these mice should be compared again and again, we know the performance is same because of the same agilent laser sensor but the "feel" is purely a personal preference that's difficult to quantitatively describe.

I bought a G5 weeks before tossing it when my Copperhead came, nothing comes close to the feel of the Copperhead for ME. Other people can't use Razer mice at all.

KickAssCop
01-08-06, 02:54 AM
Other people can't use Razer mice at all.

I am the other people.

j0j081
01-09-06, 11:04 PM
Well I saw a review linked on the front page here a week or two ago and the G5 won.

jAkUp
01-10-06, 02:27 AM
It all comes down to personal preference.

The Razer mouse is more of an enthusiast piece, in that sense you need to update the firmware and such to get it working its best. Many reviews knock it for that.

I use the Copperhead on my rig at home, and a G5 on my rig at work. They are both great mice, but I still prefer my Copperhead over the G5... the lack of a forward button is probably the biggest turnoff for me on the G5. And also the middle click is very stiff and difficult to press with a single finger.

The Razer mouse is not without its flaws either though, but I still prefer it over the G5.

wheeljack12
01-10-06, 12:34 PM
the biggest question I always have is why hardware engineers make a better piece of hardware but take out features rather than keeping them when they are important. The same goes for Madden nfl football on the pc.

CaptNKILL
01-10-06, 12:59 PM
MX518 (xmasmile)

MrSavoy
01-10-06, 01:06 PM
I tried both and wound up buying the G5. :)

wheeljack12
01-10-06, 03:34 PM
the main reason I chose the g5 was because of earlier availability than the copperhead and the liking of the mx518.

j0j081
01-10-06, 07:41 PM
And also the middle click is very stiff and difficult to press with a single finger.

You must have weak fingers lol. (nana2) yeah but anyway, I have the G7 and like it so far although it's taking a little getting use to the sensativity in games, much more accurate than my mx700 but now I need to learn how to control the speed lol.

snowmanwithahat
01-10-06, 09:17 PM
Wow I wanted to say thanks captain obvious after reading that conclusion but good review. Personally I don't think these mice should be compared again and again, we know the performance is same because of the same agilent laser sensor but the "feel" is purely a personal preference that's difficult to quantitatively describe.

I bought a G5 weeks before tossing it when my Copperhead came, nothing comes close to the feel of the Copperhead for ME. Other people can't use Razer mice at all.

i agree, my razer is great, i don't have a g5 to compare it to, but i've noticed that it does have it's flaws, the only one being though that it's not the most comfortable, but that's just me, i don't mind it the way it is, in fact i really love this mouse, and i wouldn't buy a G5 because of the shape and feel, this has worked great for me and honestly is the best mouse i've ever had, which should be expected at this price.... it's down to personal preference really