PDA

View Full Version : Forceware bug or not?

DoubleDeuce
01-07-06, 11:00 AM
I recently upgraded to an EVGA 7800GT and this card is working great except for one thing. In UT2k4 when you take a screenshot it doesn't take it properly. It seems that it zooms in on the shot. I've tried drivers 81.89, 81.98, and 82.12, but all exhibit the same problem. Can anyone else test or post whether they are experiencing the same problem. Its not so bad except that I try to keep screenshots for all matches.

Greg
01-07-06, 10:16 PM
I just tried a screen shot with driver 82.12 on 7800 gtx 1280x1024. Also pressed Alt-PrntScrn and tried to remember what the screen looked like. The screen shot file, my print screen and what I remember were all the same image, full screen, no apparent zoom. So sorry, not able to reproduce here.

Have you tried a really old driver, one that used to work when you took earlier screen shots?

Edit: My only thoughts are... do you happen to have the screen shot key doubled up with another key like 'behind view' or 'change field of view'? Try taking screen shots with PrintScreen instead. You will have to paste the result somewhere to save of course. Another thing is that various anti aliasing modes may not screen capture the same way. Try disabling AA or using different modes.

DoubleDeuce
01-08-06, 12:04 AM
I just tried a screen shot with driver 82.12 on 7800 gtx 1280x1024. Also pressed Alt-PrntScrn and tried to remember what the screen looked like. The screen shot file, my print screen and what I remember were all the same image, full screen, no apparent zoom. So sorry, not able to reproduce here.

Have you tried a really old driver, one that used to work when you took earlier screen shots?

Edit: My only thoughts are... do you happen to have the screen shot key doubled up with another key like 'behind view' or 'change field of view'? Try taking screen shots with PrintScreen instead. You will have to paste the result somewhere to save of course. Another thing is that various anti aliasing modes may not screen capture the same way. Try disabling AA or using different modes.

Thanks for your help. Disabling AA does fix the screenshot problem and also doing a regular PrintScreen with AA also works. But why the in-game SS feature doesn't is weird.

TierMann
01-08-06, 03:18 AM
I don't have UT2004 so I can't help really, but just out of curiosity...
Are you using in-game AA settings or are they forced through the nvcontrol panel in a profile?

Either way, maybe try the other way around and see how it goes with your screenshots.
(Set AA to "Application controlled" in the profile and 4x in the game itself, etc).
Just an idea.

anti_mike
03-05-06, 10:15 AM
OMG this made my life a whole lot easier. for TWL matches, I have to take screenshots, and if I can't take them correctly then I can't compete. I also realized that I cannot download torrents with Azureus and watch movies and be able to see the video.

AA FTL! BOO. I don't know but I want all of the sexy things (AA & AF) to make my UT pretty :(. I'm glad that someone else is having this problem and now has a solution. You guys rock!