PDA

View Full Version : NvDVD... can't configure more than 2 speakers?!

Flavius
01-08-06, 01:49 AM
I have a 5.1 speaker setup attached directly to an Audigy 2 with latest drivers.... installed latest NvDVD... it can't find more than 2 speakers in speaker setup! Is this a known bug or what? Games and other software detects and uses 5.1 fine.... Thanks for any info.

Q
01-08-06, 12:07 PM
Are you talking about the NV DVD Decoder? The Purevideo thing? Or the actual NvDvd application? I ask because a lot of people tend to get these two confused.

NvDVD hasn't been supported for quite some time. I remember it hadn't been supported for at least 6 months when I started playing with it before Pureview came out.

On to the issue at hand. If you are talking about NvDVD you might just be out of luck, since its an older piece of software. If you are talking about the Pureview decoder then you don't have the premo deluxe version then you only have 2 channel capabilities.

I bought the decoder when it first came out and they only offered 2 channel support. When they finally released the extended versions Nvidia said I couldn't pay the difference to upgrade from the standard version to the one that supports surround sound. I would have to pay another $50 on top of the $20 I already paid to get the product that was initially promised. Oh yeah, and the whole purevideo thing should have came with my $500 video card in the first place, since it was advertised.

Whew, sorry for the venting. :D I hope this helped you out some.

Flavius
01-08-06, 01:29 PM
What is the difference between this Purevideo decoder and the nvDVD app? It's the old nvDVD app that I have... never knew about Purevideo. Is the Purevideo decoder a standalone app? Or a plugin for something else, like Media Player? :confused:

Flavius
01-08-06, 01:40 PM
Ok I figured it out. MyWMP10 on XP already plays DVDs via the Nero Decoder, complete with 5.1 and Dolby EX. What does Purevideo actually add for $50 that WMP10 and Nero don't already give me? Does the picture actually look better?

Wooly Bully
01-08-06, 01:41 PM
plugins and lets you use mediaplayer.

AliceCooper
01-08-06, 01:58 PM
Believe me, Purevideo is a pile of crap!!

Say no more

Q
01-08-06, 03:41 PM
Purevideo provides "superior performance and quality" so says Nvidia. Most websites, like Toms and Anand agree.

Me? I say its pretty good. If you already have a DVD solution, I wouldn't think of it as an upgrade of significant worth.