PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Cooling Announces "Accelero"

jAkUp
01-09-06, 12:40 PM
Its for nV and ATi cards.

http://www.ngohq.com/images/articles/accelerox2/Logo.jpg

Here is the first review, yea its an ATi card, but it gives you a good idea on what to expect.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Articles&go=read&arc_id=63

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 12:44 PM
Stupid name and dam ugly...

Richteralan
01-09-06, 01:19 PM
What an awful product.
The hot air is going downwards to the motherboard. Most stupid air flow I've even seen.

CaptNKILL
01-09-06, 01:26 PM
I dont think that would fit in my case...?

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 01:34 PM
I just noticed... I don't think it would fit in mine either.

ViN86
01-09-06, 02:15 PM
you all seem to be overlooking the performance boost as well as insane loss of decibels. full speed seems to be only 2 dB more than normal speed, and a great cooling increase.

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 02:18 PM
Well considering that the X1800XT is louder then any card on the market by a large margin I expect it have a great loss in noise but its still dam ugly.

I would have prefered an exaust design...

Fotis
01-09-06, 02:53 PM
I looks pretty good and if I read correctly it doesn't take up 2 slots.I'd like to see how it performs against the Zalman VF-700CU though.

darkrider01
01-09-06, 04:18 PM
Look closely - it definitely takes up 2 slots.....unless that is a babies hand in the pic holding the monster on the bottom......(a hairy baby :rofl)

http://www.ngohq.com/images/articles/accelerox2/side.jpg

Acid Rain
01-09-06, 04:20 PM
I would have prefered an exaust design...So would I, but it's not so bad. My lower front intake would happily sweep the hot air to the back, the heat would make it rise, and my lower rear exhaust would expel it. It would work very well in my case. They don't look too SLI friendly though.

Oh, yes, the name seems like something they pulled out of a grab bag at an ATi convention.

hemmy
01-09-06, 05:15 PM
The Silencers look much better, for the best performance and silence (without going water) i would get a Thermalright V1 Ultra, with 2 silent 80mm fans

stncttr908
01-09-06, 07:07 PM
Where are the benchmarks? I want some temps, not just a picture and description. :D

keith33
01-09-06, 07:13 PM
That has some amazing capabilties. I can't believe you "enthusiasts" can't look past the fact that it's uglier than sin. This thing has seriously ass kicking cooling and is as quiet as any Zalman solution on the market. I would definately consider this for my next NV card. Good job by Arctic Cooling for putting function before form. ;)

TierMann
01-09-06, 07:51 PM
If anything else gets called X2 or X anything I'm gonna have to break out the boomstick.

agentkay
01-09-06, 08:10 PM
That dude who wrote the review must have been sargastic when he wrote:

"As you can see in the above pictures the Accelero X2 design kicks major ass, and adds beauty and a touch of class to the card. For those of you with a side window in your case this is a major plus." :D

Q
01-09-06, 08:24 PM
I read the review earlier and was kind of unimpressed. If you are going to have a solution take up two slots, it better exhaust outside of the case. That's one reason I disliked the Zalman Flower Monster CU or whatever. It didn't help my temps because it just spit the hot air back into the case. Video cards have gotten so long and wide, I don't know how air is supposed to flow unless you own one of the largest/best ventilated/loudest cases.

Or water cool.

...or veggy oil cool.

Roadhog
01-09-06, 08:38 PM
that thing fits a the case?

supra
01-09-06, 10:23 PM
hmm like Richteralan said. The airflow of going to the mobo is just stupid.

Not too sure about how the fan hanging off the side aswell

wheeljack12
01-10-06, 12:38 PM
now the coolers are getting tall and fat. If someone realized with original 7800 gtx's that you can make a cooler slim by lengthening the card and keeping in a single slot, why not stick with that. I guess it's the 1/2 dozen of fat and tall in one and the other half with slim and long in the other.

SquireSCA
01-12-06, 01:44 PM
I think that NVida should take their existing GTX cooler, and reverse it. By that I mean that the fan is near the rear of the case, draws air in and forces it through the heatsinks towards the front of the case.

Why not put the fan in on the other end of the card, and push it through towards the back, and then exhaust it? You could find a way to exhaust some of the heat from the mounting plate...

supra
01-12-06, 07:21 PM
I think that NVida should take their existing GTX cooler, and reverse it. By that I mean that the fan is near the rear of the case, draws air in and forces it through the heatsinks towards the front of the case.

Why not put the fan in on the other end of the card, and push it through towards the back, and then exhaust it? You could find a way to exhaust some of the heat from the mounting plate...

that wouldnt work to well with the setup in my case because i use 2 fans at the front blowing into the case and 2 and the back blowing out. Hot air going to the front of the case will also be giving hot air to your hdds

jAkUp
01-12-06, 09:58 PM
I also think the original VGA Silencer looks better... visually that is :)

Sazar
01-12-06, 11:24 PM
Right then, time to buy a barn to house that monster.

wheeljack12
01-13-06, 03:35 PM
some guys get too idealistic in their approach but forget realistic.