PDA

View Full Version : System Shock 3

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
01-09-06, 11:50 AM
Speculated about more than a few times, it seems that Electronic Arts could very well be working on another title in the first-person role-playing game (RPG) series, System Shock. Though unconfirmed at this time, a recent filing (or should we say re-filing) on the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website shows that Electronic Arts re-filed the name on December 15th, 2005. While this might just be a matter of updating the trademark, its certainly interesting nonetheless. At any rate, well keep you posted with more news throughout the day.

http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=16183

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 12:03 PM
Who cares? Like EA could ever do the game justice... well they could if they were smart enough to allow Irrational Games to develop it but I dout they would , rather they would do it inhouse and allow the great name of System Shock to become a sour taste in our mouth like the Medal of Honor Series has become...

It's probably nothing more then a Trademark update though, They don't want to lose it and have someone else pick it up... no company ever really wants to lose their property without gaining out of it.

jAkUp
01-09-06, 12:07 PM
Yea I'm more interested in Bioshock. Now that is a game coming from the System Shock developers.

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 12:08 PM
I know, Heck they even call it a "spiritual" succesor. I hope its at E3 this year.

jAkUp
01-09-06, 12:10 PM
Me too :D :D :D

Marvel_us
01-09-06, 12:12 PM
If you guys go you better take pics;)

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 12:14 PM
What's this "if we go"? Im going... and nothing short of me being in the hospital is going to stop me.

jAkUp
01-09-06, 12:17 PM
Hmmm... it seems Irrational games may have been acquired by Take Two

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=63492

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 12:20 PM
Thats some good news, Now they have some good Funding!

superklye
01-09-06, 12:48 PM
This would be awesome, but knowing EA... :-\

It'd be sweet to see that game made in the FEAR engine, for sure. I remember hearing about Bioshock years ago, but I figured it was dead by now. If not...that's awesome and I eagerly await it.

BioHazZarD
01-09-06, 02:04 PM
EA will screw this one like all other good games

CaptNKILL
01-09-06, 02:24 PM
I didnt like System Shock 2 at all... I dont know why, I just found it sorta clunky and anoying :\

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 02:30 PM
I didnt like System Shock 2 at all... I dont know why, I just found it sorta clunky and anoying :\

And that is why no one likes you here... now shooo :ban:

CaptNKILL
01-09-06, 02:43 PM
And that is why no one likes you here... now shooo :ban:
:(

Mr. Hunt
01-09-06, 03:37 PM
:(

MaguS speaks the truth... I mean... System Shock 2 had Steven Russels voice... and it was just awesome.... The Many will kill you!

CaptNKILL
01-09-06, 03:50 PM
MaguS speaks the truth... I mean... System Shock 2 had Steven Russels voice... and it was just awesome.... The Many will kill you!
Maybe I'll give it another try... I just remember trying to play it and being completely irritated at a few things then giving up and returning the game. I dont remember if it was bugs or just anoying gameplay.

Anyone know if there are any graphics updates for this game to make it look decent on newer systems?

Mr. Hunt
01-09-06, 03:58 PM
Maybe I'll give it another try... I just remember trying to play it and being completely irritated at a few things then giving up and returning the game. I dont remember if it was bugs or just anoying gameplay.

Anyone know if there are any graphics updates for this game to make it look decent on newer systems?

I think somebody made some higher res textures for it... called Rebirth or something? I can't remember exactly but it was something like that :\.

superklye
01-09-06, 04:06 PM

There actually was a project that was going through and making high-res skins for pretty much everything.

I don't know what happened to it, though.

Capt. Picard
01-09-06, 04:12 PM
I loved System Shock 2. Or actually I were scared sh!tless in it. Especially in the beginning were the zombies walked and moaned -"your flesh betrays you" or "join us, join us" or "kill me".

Mr. Hunt
01-09-06, 04:13 PM
SHTUP (http://shtup.home.att.net/)
Rebirth (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etienne.aubert/sshock/sshock_rebirth.htm)

Makes me want to reinstall :\.

EDIT:

I loved System Shock 2. Or actually I were scared sh!tless in it. Especially in the beginning were the zombies walked and moaned -"your flesh betrays you" or "join us, join us" or "kill me".

Yeah... I loved listening to the audio logs and stuff also... gosh I am going to reinstall it :\.

acrh2
01-09-06, 04:17 PM
One of the very few games that I've replayed immediately after having finished it the first time.

Would be nice to see it running with the Doom3 engine.

Acid Rain
01-09-06, 04:35 PM
Who cares? Like EA could ever do the game justice... well they could if they were smart enough to allow Irrational Games to develop it Smarter yet, give the developers enough time to finish the product.

Would be nice to see it running with the Doom3 engine.:drooling:

Edge
01-09-06, 04:51 PM
I would love another System Shock game if it's an update of the game mechanics in System SHock 2. But it would seem odd for EA to do something with the series now after they refused to let Irrational do anything with it. A shame such a great license is in the hands of EA, it's like giving a $2000 computer system to a monkey.

And yes, a Doom 3 System Shock mod would be great, but I'm pretty sure EA shut down any mod projects based on System Shock.

Gaco
01-09-06, 05:02 PM
If it's true:

May EA burn in hell if they **** it up.

May EA be praised forever if they do not **** up.

Actually, as much as I absolutely LOVE System Shock 2, I hope it's not true. Seeing that it doesn't come from the original developers makes me back up. Then seeing that it's coming from EA makes me highly sceptical to say at least.

Choose your next steps very, very careful EA.. And yes that IS a threat :firedevil

SDinc
01-09-06, 09:41 PM
If it's true:

May EA burn in hell if they **** it up.

May EA be praised forever if they do not **** up.

Actually, as much as I absolutely LOVE System Shock 2, I hope it's not true. Seeing that it doesn't come from the original developers makes me back up. Then seeing that it's coming from EA makes me highly sceptical to say at least.

Choose your next steps very, very careful EA.. And yes that IS a threat :firedevil

I got your back on this one Gaco!