PDA

View Full Version : Beyond3D's Elder Scrolls Technology Interview!

jAkUp
01-09-06, 01:02 PM
Very technical, very good :D

http://www.beyond3d.com/interviews/oblivion/

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 01:07 PM
Nice read.

Fotis
01-09-06, 02:23 PM
Thats a nice interview and all but how about releasing the damn game!:(

msxyz
01-09-06, 02:34 PM
Nice. At least not another clueless, generic interview about the voiceovers by Patrick Stewart, the radiant AI, etc...

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 02:38 PM
Mmmm, Patrick Stewart has a sexy voice. I put X-Men on in the background when having sex with my girlfriend.

Mr. Hunt
01-09-06, 02:40 PM
Mmmm, Patrick Stewart has a sexy voice. I put X-Men on in the background when having sex with my girlfriend.

Sure... we all know you put on Star Trek instead... STOP TRYING TO LIE!

|MaguS|
01-09-06, 02:44 PM
Only if Im in the mood for some spanking :spank: , nothing is better then hearing Worf (Michael Dorn). :naughty:

SH64
01-09-06, 04:26 PM
A good read indeed :cool:

CaptNKILL
01-09-06, 04:49 PM
Wow, excellent article :)

Thats probably the first new (true) info Ive seen on the game in a long time.

gmontem
01-09-06, 05:13 PM
Only if Im in the mood for some spanking :spank: , nothing is better then hearing Worf (Michael Dorn). :naughty:
As long if it's not Wesley Crusher it's all good. (nana2)

Nutty
01-09-06, 05:20 PM
They go on about the shadows loads, but couldn't see any in the screenshots in that article..

Still want it more than anything else! :)

Acid Rain
01-09-06, 05:21 PM
Thats a nice interview and all but how about releasing the damn game!:(And release an alpha build as a retail product like a lot of others have been doing? No thanks.

This is the article I wanted to read. Very cool. Am I the only one who gets off whenever I read something like "In sm 3.0 we can get all lighting done in one pass, vs multiple expensive passes." "shader model 3.0 was more fun than a chore, since we were able to speed things up and combine passes."? I LOVE that!!!:)

lumpyhed
01-10-06, 12:35 PM
tools have been added to better allow Havok objects to be manipulated in the editor. Modders will also have access to the entire range of AI functionality that we have at our disposal

oooh yessh!!!! :D

gmontem
01-10-06, 01:08 PM
It will be interesting to see how a Mr. Hunt and a Mike Flatley NPC will interact through Radiant AI. :bleh:

CaptNKILL
01-10-06, 01:58 PM
It will be interesting to see how a Mr. Hunt and a Mike Flatley NPC will interact through Radiant AI. :bleh:
Something like this...
(nana2):nanahump:(nana2)

Mr. Hunt
01-10-06, 02:10 PM
Something like this...
(nana2) :nanahump: (nana2)

You know it.

SH0DAN
01-10-06, 11:40 PM
Why in the heck did he not ask about the engine taking advantage of dual core cpu's !!!! We know it does but to what extent,how well have they optimized the engine to leverage multi core tech.

msxyz
01-11-06, 04:22 AM
Mmmm, Patrick Stewart has a sexy voice. I put X-Men on in the background when having sex with my girlfriend. LOL (rofl2)

Sidric
01-12-06, 04:52 PM
very informative, good read.

aAv7
01-12-06, 07:28 PM
Is it me or do the textures look like sh*t in most pics? The lighting is great, but the textures themselves seem so bland and low res.

Mr. Hunt
01-12-06, 09:40 PM
Is it me or do the textures look like sh*t in most pics? The lighting is great, but the textures themselves seem so bland and low res.

I can deal with the textures... my problem is the extremely stiff animations from the videos I have seen... I lived with it through morrowind... but don't want to have to again :(.

Lil Sassy
01-12-06, 11:12 PM
Just look at most of the PC shots. They look much nicer, texture-wise.

CaptNKILL
01-12-06, 11:20 PM
Just look at most of the PC shots. They look much nicer, texture-wise.
Ya, plus it shouldnt take more than a few months for someone to release a partial retexturing project for this game if people arent happy with some of the textures. They did it with Morrowind and Im sure most of them could be reused to replace any that are crappy. Id normally be really irritated about crappy textures but considering that this game is ENORMOUS, is also coming out on a console and has already been delayed, I can see why the artists probably dont have time to texture the entire game twice (once to fit the xbox 360s limited memory and a second time to make it look nice). And they make it reaaallly easy to retexture stuff, so its not that big of a deal as long as the community is up to it.

DCult
01-13-06, 05:40 AM
A major bookstore in Greece has Oblivion to go on sale on 17/03. It's pretty accurate 99% of the time. The only game last year that they didn't get on time was Call of Duty 2. (propably a shortage problem due to including the game with new gfx cards). I' m preparing a list with all the release dates that they have on their site. :)