PDA

View Full Version : STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl Completed!

SH64
01-09-06, 03:09 PM
Still not the best you want to hear , but this is certainly great news!

http://stalker-world.com.ua/eng/index.htm

We got some information that GSC had recently finished its work on Stalker. The final build has the whole storyline, 20 levels and all of the features. With other words final version. The only thing missing are the videos, they will be made by THQ with the balancing of the game.
Along with it we expect the PR campaign to begin. This means that everything is in THQ hands and S.T.A.L.K.E.R should be released in 6-8 months.

agentkay
01-09-06, 03:16 PM
" Several sites have written that S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has gone gold, referencing the recent news by stalker-world.com.ua. What the site tried to say, is that the game has reached beta stage. The release is still scheduled for "When It's Done", and as THQ has previously stated, this will not occur before Fall 2006. "

Source: Oblivion-Lost.com

I guess in the end its the same though, but I kinda lost my hope with this one anyway. :(

CaptNKILL
01-09-06, 03:28 PM
Well, at least they are making progress... they were without a publisher for a while so this is good news. I think this game will be pretty good :)

Superfly
01-09-06, 04:42 PM
if it sees the light of day it will no doubt be very good.

Edge
01-09-06, 04:43 PM
At least we know the game still exists. Would be a nice surprise for it to finally come out. I haven't been too impressed by what they've shown so far, but I'm still looking forward to trying it out and seeing how it turns out. The game is broken into levels though? I thought it was more of a seemless and open-ended environment than one with set maps and such.

acrh2
01-09-06, 05:03 PM
The original idea was to have one big map.
They couldn't pull this off, so they split it into 8 large submaps.
Now it's 20. hmmm

stncttr908
01-09-06, 05:49 PM
In the beginning the entire idea of the game got me excited, but now I'm not so sure, especially if the idea of seamless environments can't be pulled off. If the reviews and reactions to the game are good, I'll have my faith in the game renewed.

Roliath
01-09-06, 05:55 PM
I wonder just how much was changed in order to get the game out on shelves.
Hope it wasn't much, either way I can't wait till I can get my hands on it!

anticitizenzero
01-09-06, 06:08 PM
I got a feeling this game is gonna be pretty decent, i'm sure the delays were to add to it and optimize as well

|JuiceZ|
01-09-06, 08:03 PM
The original concept looked really good when I watch THQ demo it a couple yrs ago. Interested to see how the final build turns out.

aAv7
01-09-06, 10:47 PM
Honestly, from a buisness stand-point, the graphics are dated, the game isnt in gamers minds anymore and the hype will be over-shadowed by other blockbuster titles this fall. The game should have been axed a year ago. The chances of it generating money are about as likely as klye giving up nin.

SH0DAN
01-10-06, 01:03 AM
Why is it that the first thing out of most peoples mouths is the graphics ?? what about the gameplay/story,etc... ? Stalkers gameplay quality in my mind is far more important then the ingame graphics.

jAkUp
01-10-06, 01:14 AM
So, when can we expect another beta leak? :D

BioHazZarD
01-10-06, 01:24 AM
Why say that the game is completed when its not ?

Blade
01-10-06, 01:36 AM
It'll be crap, it's been way too long in development it has been strung together in attempt to rush release so thay can recover many lost development dollars. The hype is the only thing that will sell it & people are going to be VERY dissapointed, remeber you heard it here 1st.

|MaguS|
01-10-06, 01:42 AM
Wait because a game had a long development time its crap? WoW, Thats news to me... guess D3, HL2, FEAR, MGS Series and even the GT Series must all suck...

I think the game might be good but I hope they changed alot of the models that they showed earlier. I hated how some of the guns looked.

CaptNKILL
01-10-06, 01:43 AM
... remeber you heard it here 1st.
Ya ok, because NO ONE has EVER said that before about THIS GAME... uhhh huhhhhh :D

Skinner
01-11-06, 05:31 AM
6 -8 months testing? Do they want the game to get aged any further?

TierMann
01-11-06, 05:45 AM
If it's anything light the DX9 trailer (http://stalker-world.com.ua/eng/video.htm) they have up then I don't think you have to worry about dated graphics. Looks just fine to me.