PDA

View Full Version : w/ SLI dual card enabled NO BOOT.!!!

firstdegreeab
01-09-06, 09:56 PM
I'm currently running an asus a8n premium with an athalon 4800x2 on win x64. My Issue just started today trying to run 2 Quadro 3450 with same bios in sli. The pc runs fine with only one of the two 3450 installed. I know many people are going to say run the 32 version of win but I'm currently testing solidworks x64 beta 2 and need it. With both quadros in the pc goes through the post, raid array, and bios screens fine then just after the raid array screen right before windows loads the pc restarts. When it reboots to the same spot where it rebooted before the black option for safe mode or last normal config screen shows, If i try to reboot to last know good mode it resarts the whole loop again. I've tried messing with every bios option for sli config. When set for single video card i can get to windows but nvidia then doesn't see the second card. When the bios is set to auto or dual video cards it just restarts after the raid array screen. I 'm currently running 81.87 forceware from http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1232
I also tried using asus's AI selector which i explains in the manual to set up the sli but i still can't get to windows with both cards.
Has anyone seen anything like this before. I'm running a Seasonic 600w PSU, so it can't be power issues. Any help would be greatly appriaciated.
Thanks
Alex

Smokey
01-10-06, 12:24 AM
Do you have to four pin 12v cable connected into the motherboard?

Muppet
01-10-06, 01:52 AM
I didn't know you could SLI the Quadros

TierMann
01-10-06, 02:11 AM
You can. Venturi used to and I think still does.

firstdegreeab
01-10-06, 09:16 AM
yes the 4 pin power connector is connected to both. the bridge is connect also, I even tried it both orientations and still no luck. Any other ideas. I know the quadro 3450 is able to do sli. and yes i also have the 4 pin power connected to the motherboard.

firstdegreeab
01-16-06, 05:36 PM
Anyone else runinng SLI and x64. I used the latest driver and reformatted still no luck. I thought it might be a hardware problem but I refomatted again but with win pro 32 bit and it works fine. The driver said i was for my card and for x64 but it never worked.