PDA

View Full Version : Help me chose a free game

j0j081
01-09-06, 10:26 PM
Well ya I shop at Best Buy too much for the holidayz. Anway, I have 50 in reward zone certs that I've accumalated over the past year or so. I'm gonna get myself a new pc game. This will be the last game I'm able to treat myself to for a while so I'm taking it seriously. My choices atm are...

Quake 4 SE
Fable
NFS:Most Wanted
AOE 3

You might wonder why my choices suck but I already have most of the recent good games that have been released eg Fear and COD2. Suggestions please. :cool:

Mr. Hunt
01-09-06, 10:29 PM
Depends on what kind of game you are looking for.. AOE3 can last you a pretty good while if you are into that kind of game (and enjoy RTS multiplayer)... Fable is good, but very short (around 8 hours). Not sure about the others... but get the one you think is more enjoyable I guess :\.

EDIT: And try the demos out ;).

stncttr908
01-09-06, 10:35 PM
If you're in the mood for an RPG then fable is the choice, but the other games all have demos that I recommend you check out. Quake 4 definitely won't have the MP longevity of Q3A. AOE3 is not as good as the previous games. NFS:MW is a turn for the better in the series.

sirplayalot
01-09-06, 10:38 PM
NFS: Most Wanted!

Great game. :D

sirplayalot
01-09-06, 10:38 PM
NFS: Most Wanted!

Great game. :D

EDIT: What the heck!? I only clicked once... :( Sorry guys!

$n][pErMan
01-09-06, 10:45 PM
NFS: Most Wanted would be my choice. Get the Black Edition of you can... it rocks! ;)

superklye
01-09-06, 10:48 PM
I vote for Guild Wars...seriously. The more I play that game the more awesome it gets. It's SO much better than WoW, too and no monthly fees. Sweet!

kev13dd
01-09-06, 11:55 PM
I have all those games and I believe that NFS:MW is the game to get. Not only is it probably the most beautiful looking game on the list (AO3 is absolutly gorgous, don't get me wrong) but it is definatly the most adrenaline pumping game too. Running from the cops in a fancy car was very fun... I vote NFS but AO3 is a fantastic game as well (I normally waste a good 2 hours when I'm bored on a random scrim against the computer and love every moment of it)

K

sMull
01-10-06, 09:17 AM
AoE3, Most Wanted and Quake4 are ok games, nothing more. Get Fable.

CaptNKILL
01-10-06, 09:20 AM
AoE3 would get my vote I think... that game has a lot of replay value.

CrazyIvan
01-10-06, 10:33 AM
Most Wanted. If you like these type of racing games, you will have lots of fun with it. The sp part of Quake 4 was good (too short though), mp was really disappointing. There are demos out for all games except for Fable, you should try them out first.

j0j081
01-10-06, 06:45 PM
I vote for Guild Wars...seriously. The more I play that game the more awesome it gets. It's SO much better than WoW, too and no monthly fees. Sweet!
I already have that one so...read my original post. If there is a good game from the past year I have it minus the ones I listed.

So far it seems Quake 4 is off the list. Will probably go with Fable of NFS then.

j0j081
01-11-06, 06:39 PM
bump.

jAkUp
01-11-06, 06:42 PM
My vote goes to NFS: MW

Grechie
01-11-06, 07:40 PM
Quake 4 is good, but its too short SP

Get NFSMW, i finished it ages ago, n im still playing it