PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs The Zombie Demo

SH64
01-10-06, 10:46 AM
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=30977&mode=thread&order=0

seems to be fun .. if you're a graphics wh0re then it wont be that interesting to you.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=15528&stc=1&d=1136912221

|MaguS|
01-10-06, 10:50 AM
I love it on the xbox. Its such a great twist in the gameplay.

Superfly
01-10-06, 11:26 AM
whats the idea then chaps......?

|MaguS|
01-10-06, 11:36 AM
Your a zombie who eats people and controls other zombies... well it also takes place in a futuristic modern world like the ones seen in the "world of tomorrow" cartoons.

I haven't played it much to get deeper in the story since I have been hooked on Champions of Norrath and DQ8.

stncttr908
01-10-06, 12:18 PM
Yeah, think "50's movie set" and you get the idea of the surroundings.

Mr. Hunt
01-10-06, 12:55 PM
Awesome... wanted to play it but never got a chance to... now I got a demo... weee :\.

Q
01-10-06, 10:28 PM
I had this on my "Games I NEED" list for a while. I played the demo and was thoroughly unimpressed. I wasn't expecting great graphics, so that wasn't it. The controls are so-so, and you can't configure them in the DEMO. The demo also went out of the sync range on my CRT when I ran it at first. I had to use Coolbits and force the refresh rate to 60hz at 800x600. Dual monitor users need to disable the secondary display, or the cursor appears on the second screen and causes havok when trying to attack.

With these technical issues aside, I just didn't think it was all that fun. The dialog is great, and the humor is right on most of the time...but the actual attacking felt like it was lacking something. The humans seem overpowered and blow you all over the place with thier weapons if you try to attack them directly. I like how this introduces a bit of a strategy element, but it just doesn't seem fitting IMO. The gameplay just doesn't seem deep enough to support the stategy part, if that makes any sense. :D

Also, these humans are EXCELLENT marksmen. If you are in thier line of site, they will hit you. And that's not cool. At least your energy comes back, ala Halo, if you can manage to stay unhurt long enough.

I think I was just expecting a bit more with all the rave reviews. It might be your cup of tea, but its not what I was looking for. On a positive note, though, at least its another non-fps/rts/mmo game for the PC.

|MaguS|
01-11-06, 06:12 AM
Like every game with Zombies... they are weak solo... make great numbers and you will own. Plus you later get some g reat special attacks like removing your hand or throwing a gernade kidney (or is it a liver?)

jAkUp
01-11-06, 11:34 AM
Is it just me or is this game really hard??!!

|MaguS|
01-11-06, 12:08 PM
I haven't had much difficulty with the parts I have played on the xbox... is it running on a harder difficulty mode for the PC? (haven't bothered to download it)

Q
01-11-06, 09:27 PM
Is it just me or is this game really hard??!!

Well I'm glad that the almighty JaKuP had a hard time too.

Mr. Hunt
01-11-06, 09:44 PM
Am I the only one who can't change my controls? :\

Q
01-11-06, 10:37 PM
The controls are so-so, and you can't configure them in the DEMO.

Hunt....I can't configure mine either.

Mr. Hunt
01-12-06, 02:15 PM
I hate demos that don't let me configure the controls the way I want... hell... you can't even look at what does what before jumping into the game :\.

Grechie
01-13-06, 10:10 AM
i just played it, wasnt to bad, found it fun, but wouldnt buy it

BioHazZarD
01-13-06, 12:52 PM
HM why so frickin hard ? i cant even approach thoose guards without killing me in notime.

KickAssCop
01-13-06, 03:08 PM
The game isn't hard... it just sucks.

Greg
01-13-06, 07:10 PM
i just played it, wasnt to bad, found it fun, but wouldnt buy it
My opinion as well. An amusing diversion. Developer commentary was also amusing for various reasons.

Greg
01-13-06, 07:12 PM
HM why so frickin hard ? i cant even approach thoose guards without killing me in notime.
Keep moving, and try either strafing or moving diagonally relative to the enemies firing direction. Also, let the hords of undead you create overload the enemy with targets while you attack from beside/behind. There are other weapons and moves like jumping, but I never figured them out, they might be useful. Also, retreat when injured to about 25% health and let yourself recharge.