PDA

View Full Version : quake Wars Info

jAkUp
01-10-06, 11:40 AM
This month's issue of Computer Gaming World sports a hands-on look at Splash Damage's Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Obviously, we can't post scans, but here are some game highlights:

Human Classes: Field ops (fire support/machine pistol), Engineer (defense and support/shotgun, mines & traps), Soldier (duh/machine gun, LAW rocket launcher), Medic (support/ assault rifle &grenade launcher) and Ranger (sniper).
Strogg Classes: Tank (your basic stormtrooper/Bosonic Orb gun), Oppressor (heavy weapons and lightning gun), Constructor (engineer/nail gun, EMP charges), Meditek (medic/unknown weapons) and Infiltrator (sniper/rail gun).
Just from looking at the screens, Marines have tanks, helicopters, mobile radar, anti-air guns, mechs, fast attack hover fighters and amphibious assault vehicles. They don't talk much about the Strogg, but I assume they will have similar units. Except they ARE the vehicles. I think...
Strogg have an anti-gravity jetpack type unit.
id is looking to bring ET to other properties, possibly Doom.
No plans to support bots, although there are some single player training missions.
There's some sort of XP/ranking system similar to Battlefield 2.
As far as tech stuff goes, they are using the Doom 3 engine. But a lot of the changes to make Quake Wars more of a multiplayer friendly experience has been done in-house over at Splash Damage. Expect 32 player games.

|MaguS|
01-10-06, 11:42 AM
Eh, Im tired of BF rip offs. I would rather it be Quake Wars: Weapon Factory. ^^

WF was the best mod for Q2, So much love for it.

DoomUK
01-10-06, 08:12 PM
id is looking to bring ET to other properties, possibly Doom.

Doom Wars? Or maybe the next ET chapter will take place within the Q3A universe, or post-Q3A? Or in the Quake 1 universe, perhaps?

My PC has a lot to look forward to :D

CaptNKILL
01-10-06, 08:47 PM
Doom Wars? Or maybe the next ET chapter will take place within the Q3A universe, or post-Q3A? Or in the Quake 1 universe, perhaps?

My PC has a lot to look forward to :D
How about a midievil-style Hexen Wars... wizards, knights, rogues... thatd be sweet :D

... thatd be a terrible title though :p

Superfly
01-11-06, 02:59 AM
its all good - bring it on.

Burpy
01-11-06, 08:24 AM
Two Recent Computer Gaming World Scans.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/892/3e123ceeb96ci.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3489/17dd26db097uk.jpg

The release date is, When It's Done, like most of id software related games. Seems to be their mantra. :)

Most expect it to be released mid-year 2006 or fall at the latest.

[ Enemy Territory Quake Wars Offical Website (http://www.enemyterritory.com/) ]

stncttr908
01-11-06, 10:54 AM
Without a doubt, this one should be awesome. I would like to see SP bots though.

Marvel_us
01-11-06, 11:52 AM
This game looks amazing. I can't wait for this to be release.

Gaco
01-11-06, 12:04 PM
Without a doubt, this one should be awesome. I would like to see SP bots though.

This game is gonna be absolutely awesome, yeah.. But I really couldn't care less about SP bots, then I'd rather have them working out other aspects of the game more thoroughly :)

CaptNKILL
01-11-06, 12:27 PM
Looks good but I have to say Im disapointed that they didnt break the "humanoid" look of all the stroggs. I was really really hoping for some more diversity. For example, the "tank" should at least look something like the Tanks from Quake 2... they were big armored mechs. Nothing like a soldier with a machinegun. They could make them less heavy (since this is many years before Quake 2) but still... make them look big if they are called a tank.
I was hoping to have the berserkers, gunners and parasites too...

I guess they decided to play it safe by sticking to the similar but balanced approach rather than the radically different but balanced approach (sort of like the Natural Selection mod for Half-Life). No doubt itl still be cool, but Im still a little disapointed... they could have made it really really original.