PDA

View Full Version : Condemned (PC) retails March

Pages : [1] 2

CrazyIvan
01-10-06, 11:48 AM
http://www.sega-europe.com/de/NewsStory/959.htm

Unzensiert und schön schockierend: Condemned
SEGA veröffentlicht berüchtigten Psychoschocker von Monolith Ab 31. März endlich auf PC!
Only found it on a German website so far, but it says that it retails on PC this March.

jAkUp
01-10-06, 11:50 AM
Nice! :D So what is this game like? Or what is it about? I know very little about it.

|MaguS|
01-10-06, 11:50 AM
Wonder if it will run and look the same, maybe the PC will get something more or less... hmmm

jAkUp
01-10-06, 11:51 AM
Wonder if it will run and look the same, maybe the PC will get something more or less... hmmm

Considering it runs off the Fear engine, I suppose you could compare it to Fear and get a rough idea on the performance and visuals.

|MaguS|
01-10-06, 11:53 AM
Yeah but MS might have slipped them acouple to pull off another "King Kong" trick by lowering the quality of the PC version to make the X360 look alot better.

CrazyIvan
01-10-06, 11:54 AM
Nice! :D So what is this game like? Or what is it about? I know very little about it.
here are a couple of videos and more info:
http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1189/Condemned-Criminal-Origins/#movies

You are an FBI agent on the hunt in this gripping and sickening hunt for serial killers. The game is played in first-person perspective, and with the use of the Havok 3.0 physics engine and other advanced techniques, players can utilize anything in the area as a weapon when they've been cornered by their prey.

Haven't played it myself yet, demo is not available on the German Live marketplace, but i'll probably get the retail soon anyways. Heard lots of good stuff about it, it's supposed to be very short though.

BioHazZarD
01-10-06, 01:59 PM
THe environments reminds very much of Fear but it sure looks cool though.

six_storm
01-10-06, 02:10 PM
Might wanna check out my review in the Console Forum. It was ok, but the gameplay is repeditive and kinda boring. Might just be me though . . .

GamerGuyX
01-10-06, 07:40 PM
Nah don't listen to six_storm it's one of the best games to come out in awhile. :D

evilchris
01-10-06, 07:45 PM
Yeah but MS might have slipped them acouple to pull off another "King Kong" trick by lowering the quality of the PC version to make the X360 look alot better.

Nice BS conspiracy theory.

[EOCF] Tim
01-10-06, 08:12 PM
Nice BS conspiracy theory.

I case you didn't know...you have to pay and download the high end game from their website the way it's supposed to look like....the game in stores looks horrible compared to that...everyone knows that by now...so yea...console before PC in this case...

GamerGuyX
01-10-06, 08:20 PM
Tim']I case you didn't know...you have to pay and download the high end game from their website the way it's supposed to look like

What do you mean "supposed to look like"? In case YOU didn't know the PC version in stores is a port of the PS2 version.

evilchris
01-10-06, 09:20 PM
Tim']I case you didn't know...you have to pay and download the high end game from their website the way it's supposed to look like....the game in stores looks horrible compared to that...everyone knows that by now...so yea...console before PC in this case...
...and this means Microsoft "paid" them to do this? Get over it.

evilchris
01-10-06, 09:22 PM
Part of being a PC gamer is accepting the fact that console development is more lucrative as there are far more sales to be had. You can thank lamer PC game pirates for this. Every time you say "HEHEHEHEHHEHEHE I dDLOADED tEh NEWQ UAKE!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAAHHA!!!!!" remember that.

nutcrackr
01-10-06, 10:44 PM
Woo finally confirmation, I wonder if the 360 guys will get FEAR now.

CaptNKILL
01-11-06, 01:38 AM
Part of being a PC gamer is accepting the fact that console development is more lucrative as there are far more sales to be had. You can thank lamer PC game pirates for this. Every time you say "HEHEHEHEHHEHEHE I dDLOADED tEh NEWQ UAKE!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAAHHA!!!!!" remember that.
Ya, pirates are the #1 reason that 90% of game sales are for consoles... it has nothing to do with the fact that a good console can be had for $100-$300 (as opposed to $1200 for a good gaming machine) and the games are very accessable and (usually) work without any hassle. And it couldnt possibly have anything to do with not needing to know a lot about hardware upgrades in order to make games work.

Yeah, its all those damned pirates' fault... ;)

BioHazZarD
01-11-06, 12:36 PM
Well if the PC games would have overall better quality it would not encourage people to download games. GO back 5 years and i was more then happy to buy all new games that got out. Now today most games just suck and any game just have what all other we have seen over the years.

Not to mention all the stupid protections against all thoose people who wanna buy games its no wonder the piracy is so high so its up to the game developers - make better games or suffer cause i share no pain with the developers releasing a bug game like for instance BF2 and then they will cry about..

ENU291
01-11-06, 01:53 PM
Well if the PC games would have overall better quality it would not encourage people to download games. GO back 5 years and i was more then happy to buy all new games that got out. Now today most games just suck and any game just have what all other we have seen over the years.

Not to mention all the stupid protections against all thoose people who wanna buy games its no wonder the piracy is so high so its up to the game developers - make better games or suffer cause i share no pain with the developers releasing a bug game like for instance BF2 and then they will cry about..QFT!!! If you notice even with rampant piracy all top quality PC game titles sell into the millions. Good quality=Good sales!

Edge
01-11-06, 03:01 PM
Tim']I case you didn't know...you have to pay and download the high end game from their website the way it's supposed to look like....the game in stores looks horrible compared to that...everyone knows that by now...so yea...console before PC in this case...

The standard PC version looks exactly the same as the standard console versions of the game. And it's not because PCs can't handle the "Gamer's Edition" of the game (which is actually a port of the Xbox 360 version, in this case were it NOT for a console version of a game, the PC version wouldn't have existed), it's because your AVERAGE PC is way too crappy to play it. If you don't like having PC games held back by low-end hardware, go replace every computer on the marketplace that's using integrated video and celeron processors. Until then, PC games will always be targeted at the low-end, and it doesn't make a bit of difference if there's a superior console version out for it or not.

[EOCF] Tim
01-11-06, 03:36 PM
What do you mean "supposed to look like"? In case YOU didn't know the PC version in stores is a port of the PS2 version.

That's what I said.......:o

jAkUp
01-11-06, 03:38 PM
I believe when a developer makes a PC game they do not need to pay royalities to anyone... so there is a plus.

agentkay
01-11-06, 04:39 PM
Not sure if its true, but this site claimed that it has screenies of the PC version:

http://www.jeux-france.com/news13969_condemned-terrifie-le-pc.html

GamerGuyX
01-11-06, 05:28 PM
Not sure if its true, but this site claimed that it has screenies of the PC version:

http://www.jeux-france.com/news13969_condemned-terrifie-le-pc.html

It looks exactly the same as the 360 version if those are truely PC screenshots.

aAv7
01-11-06, 06:39 PM
Glad its coming to PC, so far this was the only title for 360 to catch my eye.

GamerGuyX
01-11-06, 06:55 PM
Tim']That's what I said.......:o

No you didn't. You said the game is suppose to look like the downloadable version. No it's not. The one in the store's is suppose to look like the PS2 version. The downloable version is suppose to look like the 360 version. It's two completely different versions.

So to repeat what the great evilchris said, nice BS conspiracy theory.