PDA

View Full Version : Sceptre X20 (20" widescreen LCD monitor)

ynnek
01-10-06, 12:34 PM
Just got this at costco for $340.. Seems pretty nice, I can't go back to CRT anymore.. ;) Native res at 1680x1050.. supports 1080i/p HD too.. Has dvi,15 pin input, and component inputs on it..

Anyone have any more information about it? I'm just curious.

keith33
01-10-06, 04:19 PM
Post Pictures Now :):)

sirplayalot
01-10-06, 04:22 PM
Post Pictures Now :):)

a12ctic
01-10-06, 04:43 PM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/vitalitycomputer_1879_14662868

superklye
01-10-06, 04:57 PM
That's an awesome price...was it on sale or is that the standard price? It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the Dell 2005FPW and if one doesn't have to wait for some lame coupons...

a12ctic
01-10-06, 05:17 PM
its odviosly on sale, the acualy price is 500$

ynnek
01-10-06, 06:59 PM
Don't buy one.

I'm returning mine.

The LCD display itself is awesome for casual computing, business apps.. just like what that pic shows.

But any fast paced motion, it feels like your on LSD.

Its not ghosting.. Its not vsync prob(its on). Its not the computer/vid card being able to supply enough fps. Its the actually LCD itself not being able to keep up with the information flow. It gives this really odd effect, like portions of the screen are not refreshing keeping up, in random areas on the screen itself. a jerky effect.. But its not VSYNC (I already have vsync on).. but kinda looks like it. If you run the "juddertest", it become apparant. You can easily tell, the LCD is dropping information. Again, its not vsync.

I'm not the only one thats noticed this too. Its why alot of people don't recommend it for gaming, compared to other LCD's. You notice this a bit on watching DVD's too. Even my wife noticed it.

That probably explains the price, why its so cheap.. The controller inside must barely be adaquate to drive the display at 1680x1050, when all that full screen fast motion DVI information is pumped into it at 60 hz.

its a pity too, because the actual display is really sharp and pretty.

ynnek
01-10-06, 08:45 PM
i returned it.. in a way, I'm kinda depressed.. but, I can't play games on it like that.

keith33
01-10-06, 09:13 PM
What was wrong with it? You might be happier with a Dell 2005FPW.

EDIT: Dude, try the Dell, its 12ms and I came to it from an 8ms Samsung and noticed no difference. Brilliant colour and high quality, plus Dell is your bitch when it comes to warranty.

ynnek
01-10-06, 09:55 PM
What was wrong with it? You might be happier with a Dell 2005FPW.

EDIT: Dude, try the Dell, its 12ms and I came to it from an 8ms Samsung and noticed no difference. Brilliant colour and high quality, plus Dell is your bitch when it comes to warranty.

I was just looking at that.... i just plugged my CRT back, and ughhhhhhhhhhhhh..

I was going to get a $300 19".. but stopped myself.. Might as well plunk down some more change to get something better. or just save it. Its how I got myself in this situation in the first place.

keith33
01-10-06, 10:18 PM
I was just looking at that.... i just plugged my CRT back, and ughhhhhhhhhhhhh..

I was going to get a $300 19".. but stopped myself.. Might as well plunk down some more change to get something better. or just save it. Its how I got myself in this situation in the first place.

You could easily find the 2005FPW on ebay well into your price range. Shop around a bit, you'll be pleasantly surprised.:cool:

ynnek
01-11-06, 01:18 AM
You could easily find the 2005FPW on ebay well into your price range. Shop around a bit, you'll be pleasantly surprised.:cool:

Screw ebay, I don't trust anyone on there now. and the few I trust, there's just too many possibilities involved. If I'm spending that much money, I want to deal with an a real shop.. and I never like to buy used parts.

I don't even like buying stuff like this online.. cause I like the ability to just return it for brick and mortor.

I'll decide if I 'm just going to order one now, or wait a bit...

btw, whats dell's dead pixel policy?

john19055
01-17-06, 06:01 AM
I had a Sceptre X9 ,a 19" monitor and just useing for windows it looks great ,but when playing a Game like NFSMW ,it did not look all that good ,it was blurry or something like that because it did not look good ,I have tried a ViewSonic LCD and I was dissappointed in it as well when doing fast action gameing ,so it back to my CRT .