PDA

View Full Version : 3dmark05 score help

spanishboi666
01-11-06, 02:42 PM
Hey whats up everyone, I've just got back into the whole gaming scene recently (was in the marine corps for 4 years and just got out) and I bought a new system here are the specs...

Sony Vaio VGC-RB52
Pentium D 2.8 ghz
250GB HD
2 GB PC4200 ram
Geforce 7800GTOC from BFGTECH
Forceware 82.12
Windows XP MCE

...My 3dmark05 score is 6577 and I was wondering if that was the norm or low or high and if its the norm or low, what can I do to make it higher? The last time I had a computer was in 2001 so I forgot alot about tweaking and OC'ing. I would like to refrain from overclocking as much as I can so my system last's longer, but If anyone had any Ideas or suggestions, please help out! The game's I usually play are quake 3&4, battlefield 2, and F.E.A.R. Thanks alot for the help!

-m0e

cvearl
01-11-06, 08:34 PM
Normal as normal can be friend.

With an Athlon 64 3200+ I get 7050. the diff is our CPU's in this case.

But with any new system I use Sandra to make sure I got what was expected for mobo/cpu/ram...

Run Sisoft Sandra ad check the info. Or even CPUZ (free download. Check google)

Make sure RAM is shown as dual channel or 2 channel mode. Do the RAM test to make sure that it is at 400Mhz or whatever to ensure that SONY did not saddle you with PC2700 DDR333 instead of PC3200 DDr400 or it could be DDR533?

Do the RAM bandwidth test. You should get at least 4500mb/s outta a dual channel P4 rig. Ram can effect gaming performance to a good margin.

C.

nV`andrew
01-11-06, 11:08 PM
yeah do what he said. the main reason u may think your score is poor is because of your cpu. hey, you have a great cpu, but the amd's are better for gaming and frame rates. you still got a real nice system there. have fun with it! :D oh yes and your score is correct

spanishboi666
01-12-06, 12:30 AM
Thanks buddies! Some really useful info there, i'm about to get sisoft sandra right now and run some test and let u guys know what happened! thanks again!
-m0e