PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield2 Euro Force

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

rudedog
01-11-06, 09:23 PM
Battlefield 2: Euro Force
The battle expands in the first booster pack to 2005’s hit game Battlefield 2. Take the powerful new Euro Force into action against MEC and Chinese armies as you battle for control of all-new Asian locations. The action escalates to a fever pitch with the latest high-tech vehicles and weapons including attack helicopters, battle tanks, assault rifles, and much more.

Available this coming February only through EA downloader!

3 New Maps

* Operation Smoke Screen
* Taraba Quarry
* Great Wall

4 New vehicles

* Main Battle Tank - Leopard 2A6
* Main Battle Tank – Challenger 2
* Fighter – Eurofighter (Typhoon T1)
* Attack Heli – Eurocopter Tiger (Tiger HAP)

7 New Weapons

* HK53A3
* Famas
* SA80 L85A2
* SA80 L85A2 with UGL (AG-36)
* HK21
* Benelli M4
* P90
* L96A1

1 New Army

* European Union

1 new award

* European Union Special Service Medal

Stay tuned for more details on new maps, weapons and vehicles! And remember to get your copy of Battlefield 2: Euro Force only on the EA downloader!

I have a couple screen shots over at my site, FPSadmin.com

Edge
01-11-06, 09:57 PM
Ugh, expansion packs, booster packs...just how many addons are we going to have for these games? BF2 hasn't even been out for a year and already 2 additions for it are planned/out. Also, like the most recent patch, this will probably increase the RAM usage even more due to the extra unlockables (I'm starting to feel sorry for everyone using less than 2 gigs). I'm wondering how much this pack will cost, considering Special Forces contained 3 times as many new maps, and since there isn't any retail packaging/markup, I honestly can't see it being worth more than $10 (note I said "worth" instead of "what they'll charge").

However, the aspect of seeing the P90 added to the game is quite interesting. So far the unlockables are the main thing that catches my eye with these addons. Wish you could just pay like $5 to get access to the new guns instead of having to buy the entire expansion with it...

$n][pErMan
01-11-06, 10:41 PM
yay .. its about time for some new bugs!!!

Superfly
01-12-06, 05:56 AM
I just want the 1.2 patch - sod the expansions.

rudedog
01-12-06, 07:44 AM
I'm afraid to say this looks like the new way EA is going to do things from now on.

Instead of adding this for free, which is how is should be. They will be charging for it.

What ever happened to the: here's a patch oh and where sorry for the inconveinance so here is some free content.

I wonder how this will segment the game even more.....

rudedog
01-12-06, 08:08 AM
Also news regarding the 1.2 patch

As well as these booster packs, we are of course still utterly devoted to providing updates to Battlefield 2. We can’t say it enough; thank you all for your support and dedication! Update 1.2 is currently undergoing public beta testing and will be released very soon. As with the first list, this second list includes confirmed fixes only:

* Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
* TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
* Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
* AA missile lock has been improved
* Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
* Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
* Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
* "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
* Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
* "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
* "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
* The Sa80 weapon has been improved
* The G3A3 weapon has been improved
* Reload while sprinting has been enabled
* Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
* Damage decreased for the M134
* Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
* Server search filters now work properly
* All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key.
* Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
* Flash bang effect radius decreased
* Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
* Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
* Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
* Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
* Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
* Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
* APC Update – “Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials”. This fix was a miscommunication to the patch team. Chinese and MEC APC’s have been reverted and the LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
* Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
* Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
* Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
* Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming.

As always, thanks for your support and keep talking – we’re listening.

Your friends at EA and DICE

Superfly
01-12-06, 08:14 AM
yup - thats the patch im after.

As always, thanks for your support and keep talking – we’re listening.

Your friends at EA and DICE

ROFL.............thats some funny s**t.

nekrosoft13
01-12-06, 09:02 AM
these booster packs are 10 bucks each

Burnt_Ram
01-12-06, 09:31 AM
these booster packs are 10 bucks eachif indeed they are only 10$, i can live with that !

Superfly
01-12-06, 09:59 AM
yeh I could too.

BioHazZarD
01-12-06, 12:13 PM
FIX THE GOD DAMN GAME before even considering in your sick little minds that only can see $$$$$in their eyes.

GOd EA sucks so much, the whole gaming market would such a good place without thoose greety bastards. Cant they just patch the game so most of the people who bought the damn game can play it somewhat okay.

Airbrushkid
01-12-06, 12:36 PM
I play it a couples hours everyday no problem here.

CaptNKILL
01-12-06, 12:49 PM
Last night I played it for the first time in months and I actually had a great time. Lead the server in all 3 rounds I played. And this game + X-Fi is amazing :drooling:

de><ta
01-12-06, 01:21 PM
Meh, $10 for a couple of weapon skins and maps. The Eurofighter looks suspiciously like the Chinese J10. Now that Special forces is out, the rest of these boosters can sod off. There are tons of mods beings developed allready. I am looking forward to the new patch though.

Is there going to be a new weapon unlock system, with the new sniper unlock and AT unlock. I'd be royally pissed if you had to buy the booster pack to *unlock* it.

wnd
01-12-06, 01:54 PM
Marketing is one of those things I really don't understand. From what I've understood most companies do business and make money by selling stuff. What I don't understand is that why other companies give out stuff for free and still make money. Take Epic for example; there are tons of free, high-quality stuff available for Unreal Tournament series, and Epic actually helps to make it spread, free of charge. Some of the content is even officially supported/distributed. I suppose that has something to do with this "evil"-factor.

Anyway, about getting the "booster pack": Any chances the downloader will work with Wine?

$n][pErMan
01-12-06, 09:19 PM
Marketing is one of those things I really don't understand. From what I've understood most companies do business and make money by selling stuff. What I don't understand is that why other companies give out stuff for free and still make money. Take Epic for example; there are tons of free, high-quality stuff available for Unreal Tournament series, and Epic actually helps to make it spread, free of charge. Some of the content is even officially supported/distributed. I suppose that has something to do with this "evil"-factor.

Anyway, about getting the "booster pack": Any chances the downloader will work with Wine?
Thats because Epic does not release buggy sh!t and then make us buy rest of our game.... ;) BF2 is fun... and SF was a good expansion (I love the closer fighting in the small maps). But I cant see myself buying another peice of the damn game. Im happy with what I got now and will stop there.

Q
01-14-06, 12:39 AM

Most businesses don't even sell products anymore. Not usefull ones, anyways. It's all about who can market the best. Who can make you want something the most? Does it matter what IT actually is? No. Just hype something long enough and people will buy it.

Edge
01-14-06, 03:02 AM
Looks like Euro Force isn't the only booster pack planned, there's also another one coming out the month after called Armored Fury: http://pc.ign.com/articles/681/681055p1.html

And the second booster pack doesn't make any mention of having new weapons/unlocks like Armored Fury is. So basically, between the original BF2, the expansion, and the two planned booster packs, you're looking at around $100 to get the "complete" BF2 experience (2GB of RAM sold seperately).

wnd
01-14-06, 06:25 AM
Just hype something long enough and people will buy it.

Look no further, Apple iProduct (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/iProduct.gif) is here. Hyping long fits Microsoft, others just need to hype good enough. No, I don't hate Apple, but I hate their marketing. They're very good at it and I hate it. And again, no, apart from the Performa 6300 which I got from a neighbour after a thunderstorm (*wink*), I don't have any stuff made by Apple.

(2GB of RAM sold seperately)

Too bad not everyone has spare sockets. 2 GB alone just won't do it anymore. ;-)

USD 10 / EUR 8.3 doesn't really sound _that_ bad, it's about half an hour at work. I might actually concider getting both, especially the latter "booster" pack. There have been exactly two commercial games I've ever playing for more than a month; Unreal Tournament and Battlefield 2.

rudedog
01-14-06, 08:43 AM
PlanetBattlefield has some insider screen shots of the readme.

http://www.fpsadmin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/changelist.gif

Notice the issues with crossfire? I hope they don't screw up SLI

Vik1dk
01-14-06, 11:28 AM
To: Electronic Arts
The gaming community has been too commercialized by EA and their business practice. This petition regards the new "booster packs", new content for the online game Battlefield 2, where a payment is required in order for the new content to be obtained. It has never been a custom of game developers and game publishers to demand such fees for content that should be free of charge.

What's next, payment for the individual updates?

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea110/petition.html

rudedog
01-14-06, 12:09 PM
Where does it say that any publisher/developer has to give you anything for free.

Now on the other hand, they should be working on the patch first, get the game working the way it should have been out of the box then worry about selling us content later.

If mods makers, like POE (one of my top 2 mods for BFx, the other being FH) released their stuff a little faster then EA would not have a chance to sell all this "extra" content. - no offense to any mod/map makers out there.

For Joe consumer, it's a nice way of getting professional maps out to the masses and I would rather pay 10 bucks every couple months instead of 60 for a so called new game, as long as they keep fixing the game that is.

K-1
01-14-06, 01:00 PM
hah! that's so cool you can shoot down the UAV.

de><ta
01-14-06, 08:59 PM
The only thing I disklike is not being able to jump and throw a C4. :o
It has lots of good uses, such as sticking C4 on the ceilings, where they are less likely to be spotted, also it allows you to throw them over a fence. They should have the same scheme they use for grappling hooks, the longer you hold down the further they get thrown.

Edge
01-14-06, 10:09 PM
Where does it say that any publisher/developer has to give you anything for free.

Now on the other hand, they should be working on the patch first, get the game working the way it should have been out of the box then worry about selling us content later.

If mods makers, like POE (one of my top 2 mods for BFx, the other being FH) released their stuff a little faster then EA would not have a chance to sell all this "extra" content. - no offense to any mod/map makers out there.

Not really, since ranked servers only work with official content. Without any option for ranking (which in all honestly is about the only thing keeping the game as TKer-ridden as BF1942), user-made content doesn't really have a chance of reaching anywhere near the popularity of official content. Add in the fact that any expansion pack/booster pack splits the playerbase even more (since you can't play on any maps added to the game through a fee with the standard version of BF2), and you end up with a game that ends up being made worse for standard owners. And of course, there's the fact that most other major FPS games have had a slew of new content availible on them for free.

How about they do what Halo 2 did, where the extra content (or at least extra maps) are only availible in the packs at first, but then a while later they make those availible for free to all other players. Then those willing and able to buy the addons will get something in return, and those who can't will eventually be able to get the same amount of extra enjoyment out of it...eventually.