PDA

View Full Version : Which port to plug monitor into?!?!

oC|-TiTaN
01-12-06, 04:35 PM
Hey guys, sorry if this has already been discussed but I was just wondering which of the 4 DVI ports on my SLI'd 7800GTX512's do I plug my monitor into? I'm using a VGA adapter if that makes a difference, but I just wondered which is best.

Which card and top or bottom port?

OWA
01-12-06, 06:28 PM
You should use the ports on the first card (the top one) and since you're using a VGA adapter, it probably doesn't matter which port on the first card.

jAkUp
01-25-06, 03:54 AM
The port closest to the motherboard is the primary port, plug it into that one if you can.

Ronin
01-25-06, 04:01 AM
You should be ashamed even posting that question, TiTan :p (I'm gonna go back to DevH and make fun of you). ;) :D

Peoples-Agent
01-25-06, 05:45 AM
I tend to use DVI 2 on the first card. (Through adapter )
If I use DVI 1 , I get a weird found new hardware beep everytime I access the NVCP in Windows.

oC|-TiTaN
01-25-06, 10:23 AM
You should be ashamed even posting that question, TiTan :p (I'm gonna go back to DevH and make fun of you). ;) :D
Oh come now lol...there's obviously a reason to ask if I was told two different answers. So go with the bottom port on the top card then?

jAkUp
01-25-06, 02:41 PM
That is correct, TBH, it doesn't really matter much, but if you get into technical details, port1 is the closest DVI port to the mobo.