PDA

View Full Version : Gtr 2

agentkay
01-12-06, 06:46 PM
The first two screenshots can be found on that site:

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/screenshots/PlayerPicList.jsp?galleryId=1315

The release is scheduled for summer this year and it uses the GT Legends/rfactor/ISI2 engine.

[EOCF] Tim
01-13-06, 04:46 AM
wow...looks good!!! :cool:

nekrosoft13
01-13-06, 06:17 AM
summer? and where would that be?

GT Legends hasn't been released in states.

agentkay
01-13-06, 07:51 AM
Are you sure that GT Legends hasnīt been released in the States? Because I could swear it was released, a few months later but back in November or so it should have been released.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000B8YVDS/qid=1137159508/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-0549842-4963928?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer.storefront/SESSIONID/Product/View/001GTL

Nevermind, it seems like it has been pushed back to January 23, I guess Amazon and Gogamer import their units from Europe for their US orders.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/260582.asp

Anyway, yes I think the Summer06 is most likely an European date, since they released GTR1 and GTL already first in Europe.

Superfly
01-13-06, 09:45 AM
looks good - would like a demo.

ynnek
01-13-06, 03:43 PM
Awesome. I'm definatly getting this game when it came out... Hopefully the US release won't be as far off, compared to German and International release.. I ordered mine in some online shop basked in the UK for the International release (actually only cost me $55 total to get it shipped to me reasonably quick!)

Trouble is, I'm still relativley slow at it.. heh..

stncttr908
01-13-06, 06:37 PM
Yeah, remember when Race Driver 3 was supposed to look that good? I'd like to see this game actually deliver. Apparently the first GTR had some of the best car physics of any driving game ever to come out.

agentkay
01-13-06, 06:45 PM
Obviously the Racedriver 3 pics were photoshopped to some degree. I think this can almost considered a fact at this point. However, anyone who has seen the detail of GT Legends, especially the cars but also the race tracks, can assure you that the GTR2 pictures are realistic and not altered in any way the RC3 pictures were.

StevePMo
01-13-06, 09:15 PM
GTL has NOT been released in the states yet, BUT you can buy it online <UK Version i think > I'm curious to see how GTR2 is as far as online play is concerned, that is what GTR was SEVERELY lacking, other than that it is an amazing game. GTR2 supposedly is going to use the same game engine as rFactor , which has GREAT netcode, hopefully GTR2 will also !

here are some unedited pics from rFactor, looks damn good to me !!!

Roadhog
01-13-06, 10:21 PM
Live For Speed > Any Racing sim

Burnt_Ram
01-14-06, 08:53 AM
i think i'm looking forward to GTR2 aswell. GTR is damn good. best race "sim" i've played to date ... hopefully we won't have to wait forever in north america like the last round :cool:

StevePMo
01-14-06, 11:09 AM
Live For Speed > Any Racing sim

i have to disagree with you there m8, rFactor is much better than LFS, mods o' plenty, and many more to come !!!

and yes, i do have LFS AND LFS S2

Roadhog
01-14-06, 08:26 PM
well LFS is beta/alpha... so you cant compare them. When S2 is final, im sure it will be way better :P

ynnek
01-14-06, 11:12 PM
I've been out of the loop for a while..

i just loaded up gtr again, and noticed not may people on pubs..

did everyone move over to rfactor and mods?

StevePMo
01-15-06, 05:44 AM
there are a lot of folks running rFactor, but also a lot have moved to GTL too

ynnek
01-16-06, 02:23 PM
there are a lot of folks running rFactor, but also a lot have moved to GTL too

I'm kinda split on which one to get next.. GTL or rFactor.. I may just go for GTL since it has cooler looking "real" cars.

Addy
01-16-06, 03:37 PM
I'm kinda split on which one to get next.. GTL or rFactor.. I may just go for GTL since it has cooler looking "real" cars.

I have both, and both are very good. If I could only have one I’d choose rFactor personally.

I’m having fun going thru the single player in GTL and soaking up all the nostalgia and history, heck it’s even got my 1st car in there (‘74 Capri).

But the openness and modability of rFactor is just spectacular. Racing Porsche Carrera Cup 2005 cars at Brands Hatch for example, neither are part of the original release but awesome mods. F3’s is another great mod and was even incorporated by ISI in a recent patch. Lots of cars and track to check out and more are always coming.

Plus you can request a refund on rFactor within 48 hours, I think they are still offering that at least.

Oh and on topic I’ll be sure and pick up GTR2 as well. GTR is/was tremendous fun and the physics are outstanding, I’m sure SimBin/Blimey will put out another gem.

StevePMo
01-17-06, 07:07 PM
:beer: here's a few Porsche Cup mod screens < rFactor >

agentkay
01-18-06, 04:32 PM
http://www.gamevision.de/gallery,list835,1,gtr_2.html

4 new screenshots. The motionblur or depth of field in two of the new pictures looks photoshopped to me but other than that it looks good and realistic for the ISI2 engine and I like that there is actually rain/wet conditions (unlike GTL and rfactor) and they look quite nicely as well.

Delbert
01-19-06, 02:41 PM
:beer: here's a few Porsche Cup mod screens < rFactor >
rFactor? linky... linky... linky ???
I am an LFS fan, but always looking for new things to try and new communities to race against. What is the score with rFactor ? Same as LFS where you download the software and then pay for the unlock ?
Appreaciate any info... TIA

Edit:- Never mind, i googled like i should have done and found the info.... large download compared to LFS, but it does have night driving:D

StevePMo
01-19-06, 10:19 PM
let me know how ya like it m8 !!! yes you have several payment options, you can either pay with paypal, and WAIT for an unlock code, OR you can download the game, and during the install it will ask for a credit card < thats what i did > and as soon as it's approved, you can race !!

if you don't want to go through the "career" mode, there is a cheat to get billions of dollars in credits, lol, just select any track, then in the chat window type ISI_BABYFACTORY then leave the track, your credits will soar, and you can buy any car in the game, and upgrade it fully

agentkay
01-25-06, 05:26 PM
First GTR2 trailer (60MB):

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/gtr2/gtr2_trailer_xvid.avi.html