PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia sound stuff

swissbeatz
01-12-06, 10:48 PM
i just got my new computer working but the sound isnt, i uninstalled that crappy real'tek thing and i wanted to replace it with nvMixer cuz i had it on my last computer and it worked great, but when i installed it, it said i didnt have propper hardware. is real tek audio the only thing i can use or is there something better?

TierMann
01-12-06, 10:54 PM
What are the system specs and how is the sound connected (did you connect the front ports, etc, and where are the speakers plugged in)?

Another question is, is the onboard sound enabled in the BIOS?

If you didn't build this yourself then just the model number or if you know the model of the motherboard could help.

swissbeatz
01-12-06, 11:01 PM
What are the system specs and how is the sound connected (did you connect the front ports, etc, and where are the speakers plugged in)?

Another question is, is the onboard sound enabled in the BIOS?

If you didn't build this yourself then just the model number or if you know the model of the motherboard could help.
eVGA nForce 4 SLI Edition w/ DualDDR400, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, PCI-E x16 SLI
i dont use speakers, i use a headset that i plugged into the back
the mobo has all the sound so im guessing the onboard sound is enabled, and if it isnt i dont know how to enable it.

swissbeatz
01-12-06, 11:13 PM
are you there =(

TierMann
01-12-06, 11:18 PM
The sound is probably enabled by default, but to check you can press Del or F1 (depending on what it tells you to press when it's booting up) to get into the BIOS settings. There should be something labeled close to "Integrated Peripherals" which will have audio listed.

With realtek ACL audio you should be able to use realtek's drivers or nvidia's drivers from the nforce4 set on nv's site. If after making sure it's enabled and installing the drivers you still have no sound you can try your headphones in the front audio port (if you have a front port) to see if that works instead. Some realtek chips refuse to run both the front and rear outputs.

superklye
01-12-06, 11:37 PM
Why the hell are there three threads for this?

TierMann
01-12-06, 11:41 PM
Newb at work. But they'll get there. :)

swissbeatz
01-12-06, 11:46 PM
Ok i went to the intergraded thing and it said something like

Onboard AC97 Audio : Auto
Onboard AC97 Audio LAN: Auto
Onboard LAN device boot rom: Disabled
MAC Adress: Disabled

oh and i accidently made 3 cuz i went here and noone answered for 10 minutes so i went to the other board but i had alot of lag so i pressed post too many times

BTW im gonna go find out those "Somethings" incase you need them to help me, TY for the help btw,

TierMann
01-13-06, 03:42 AM
That means it should be enabled.
Did you have any luck using the 6.70 nforce drivers and installing only audio?

nV`andrew
01-13-06, 08:15 PM
yea i hate my realtek, my soundblaster live on my other dell is much better. maybe dell's have an onboard feature i hope, so i can put the soundblaster in this one. it had overheating problems in the dell...