PDA

View Full Version : BIOS beep not found in manual..

Assassination
01-14-06, 01:06 PM
After the POST and initial 1 BIOS beep, at the windows login screen (account screen) I get a long beep. I have looked for what it could be in BIOS but no luck. I have a BIOSTAR P4VTG v7.x Any help?

nV`andrew
01-14-06, 03:18 PM
If you computer works fine, it could be addressing something wrong. Usually a long beep means there is no ram, if it is followed by 3 short ones, your vid card is not functioning properly. It could be jsut the way your motherboard bios switches over to the OS. Like i said, if your system is running fine, all is good.

CaptNKILL
01-14-06, 03:28 PM
After the POST and initial 1 BIOS beep, at the windows login screen (account screen) I get a long beep. I have looked for what it could be in BIOS but no luck. I have a BIOSTAR P4VTG v7.x Any help?
Thats really odd. Its most likely a program you have in startup. I know quite a few programs that beep when they are done doing whatever they are doing (ie, burning a CD, ripping a CD, running a test...) but I dont know of any that beep when they load at startup. Your best bet is to just take everything out of startup temporarily and see if it still does it.

Also, check your keyboard. If theres something wrong with it, it could cause the system to think youre holding keys down and itd beep.