PDA

View Full Version : Most stable forceware?

Sheky
01-16-06, 12:21 PM
I just reformatted XP and my comp is very unstable. Getting many BSOD with IRQL errors. Can anyone recommend me a version of Forceware that's relatively stable and performs well? I tried 77.03 and the current version and my comp doesn't seem to like them despite them having ran fine prior to the reformat.

RejZoR
01-16-06, 12:28 PM
In 90% of all BSOD cases it's soundcard issue. Check that out, unless BSOD provides info on what file caused the error (lower left corner of BSOD).

superklye
01-16-06, 12:35 PM
sigh.

every time a thread like this is made, God kills a third world country.

SH64
01-16-06, 05:30 PM
sigh.

every time a thread like this is made, God kills a third world country.

Heh i feel your pain super :(

Sheky
01-17-06, 01:46 AM
Seriously, don't ****ing post and hijack the thread if you have nothing useful to say. Your card driver can make things crash. I just installed 81.98 on a freshly formatted PC and it crashed during the install.

TierMann
01-17-06, 03:26 AM
I'm gonna guess that you're running Windows XP Pro 32-bit and that you have a computer made in the last 5 years or so with some sort of nvidia card. You can try 78.05 and hopefully those will work for you. For me, 78.05 was fine, but 8x.xx up until 82.12 would crash for me including 81.98. So that's 78.05 and 82.12 for some choices.

Demigod
01-17-06, 03:26 AM
If it crashed during install I doubt its it is the graphics card, and ive rarely seen a graphics card give an irq error. Take your sound card out or try it in a different pci slot and try it then.

TierMann
01-17-06, 03:34 AM
If it crashed during install I doubt its it is the graphics card, and ive rarely seen a graphics card give an irq error. Take your sound card out or try it in a different pci slot and try it then.
It happens. Riptide and I had a heck of a time with BSOD's like "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't even have a soundcard or any pci cards at all. 78.03 (64) and 78.05 (32) were the only ones we could use for a while, like I said above. Never a single freeze or BSOD. Now 82.12 is fine and I'm using 82.65 and havn't had a problem yet for the past few days.

Crashing during the install though sounds more like a conflict like Demigod said. Either that or bad ram.

Sheky
01-17-06, 08:37 PM
It happens. Riptide and I had a heck of a time with BSOD's like "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't even have a soundcard or any pci cards at all. 78.03 (64) and 78.05 (32) were the only ones we could use for a while, like I said above. Never a single freeze or BSOD. Now 82.12 is fine and I'm using 82.65 and havn't had a problem yet for the past few days.

Crashing during the install though sounds more like a conflict like Demigod said. Either that or bad ram.

Much thanks for the suggestions. Not quite sure what drivers were conflicting as I don't have PCI cards or a soundcard either.

Acid Rain
01-18-06, 12:06 PM
Much thanks for the suggestions. Not quite sure what drivers were conflicting as I don't have PCI cards or a soundcard either.Crashing on install points me to a ram overclock/overvolt/undervolt/tight timings combo or bad ram/ram picky mb/bad mb. What did you change just before this install of XP?

Almost all forceware are at least stable. They may have bugs here and there, but most are quite stable. You can practically just snag a newer set and run.