PDA

View Full Version : Finally have a pic of my desk and pc

Smokey
01-16-03, 11:21 AM
Well for along time Ive wanted to post a pic of my desk and pc, but as I dont have a digital camera it isnt that easy as we dont use the camera(s) much. So here is the first photo I took, the others are on the other camera, just have to finish the film ;) This one is with the light on, the others are all with the light off and some close ups, so watch this space, more pics to come :thumbsup:

vampireuk
01-16-03, 11:55 AM
Sweet setup:cool:

Blue rocks:super:

FastM
01-16-03, 01:44 PM
Very nice, but a little small no? I dont even see room for a bowl of cereal ;)

demonized
01-16-03, 01:55 PM
nice case. Can you take more pics? I wanna see whats inside:)
What have to your XP1800?:confused:

pelly
01-16-03, 02:02 PM
I bet that desk area looks awesome with the lights off! :dance:

Smokey
01-16-03, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the replies all. I have to take some more photos as Ive just moved my red lava lamp on the the left side, on top of the box that has cds. Yes Pelly, always have the lights off at night, and with my red lava lamp, the red and blue through the desk and on the wall looks nice :afro:

Demonized....lets just say that...um...it was my fault my XP1800+ doesnt work :p well at least I believe so anyways, trying to unlock it, although it just stopped working when I changed my case. I changed cases, she woldnt boot, so I tried a different PSU and it booted, tried again with the new PSU and it booted so I booted up into safemode, that went fine so I shutdown. Closed up the case, put it on the desk and it wouldnt boot. So I tested it on my brother inlaws AMD system and it wouldnt boot either. So I went and grabbed this second hand Duron600, first thing I did was unlock it and find its highest stable overclock, it will do higher, if my cheap PC2100 was better.

Im using the HSF I was using for my XP1800+, some Titan all Alu one, and with this new case Im getting some fine temps, hope to be getting a XP2600+ - 2800+ and some top memory, Corsair or OCZ and a new HSF.

Riptide
01-18-03, 06:46 PM
Speaking of red lava lamps...

To bad the flash kinda washes it out a bit. My computer shown in the sig is to the left and my proliant 800 server is under the table. My girlfriend's dell dimension 4550 is on the right.

Smokey
01-18-03, 09:42 PM
Do you play with the lights off and leave the lamp on, I really like Lava lamps, Ive had mine for about 5 years now :afro2:

Riptide
01-19-03, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
Do you play with the lights off and leave the lamp on, I really like Lava lamps, Ive had mine for about 5 years now :afro2:
I like leaving the lights off in the evening and having just my aquariums (1 125g, 1 55g), PCs, and lava lamp running in the room. The blue glow from the aquariums, all the LEDs on the computers, and ofcourse the lava lamp's red light make for a nice relaxing view. Such fun to watch DVD's on that LCD from the couch as well. :)

demonized
01-19-03, 09:14 AM
damn! 3 computers in one room. Are you using ur living room as an office? You got a home business? Nice set-ups.

Riptide
01-19-03, 12:48 PM
Well, I never thought I would have 3 computers in the same room either. But then work gave away a few older proliant servers (p3 550) to some of the pc techs and I couldn't resist a new toy. Dual SCSI drive goodness. And then I saw an attractive deal on the dimension 4550 over on rage3d and I couldn't resist. I know, it's OEM.. But it drives my ti4600 nicely. Could use a better LCD though, the cheap 151fp ghosts. Need to get a dell 1500fp and then use the 151fp on my server. It may sound silly but if all 3 displays were liquid it would somehow up the coolness factor don't you agree?

Besides, that old mag I have running w/the proliant is a POS if you didn't notice. I feel the justification for more spending coming on quickly.;)

Dazz
01-19-03, 06:20 PM
Nice little space you got there, although i myself like alittle more arm room for my mouse :)

Kapp
01-20-03, 05:37 PM
Needs to be bigger.
Nice though :afro:

Smokey
01-20-03, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Kapp
Needs to be bigger.
Nice though :afro:

Smaller = less mess :thumbsup:

Riptide
01-20-03, 10:36 PM
There's actually quite a bit more room than there was previously. I eliminated a lot of clutter/cleaned up a bit. I also got rid of my F500R 21" CRT and replaced it with this Dell flat panel. That cleared up quite a good deal of space.

Riptide
01-23-03, 12:40 PM
Anyone else care to post a picture of their workstation area?

I removed the crappy old MAG shown in my photo and went ahead and used the dual inputs on my 2000FP panel. Reclaimed some desk real estate and things just look cooler now with two flat panels in use but no CRTs. Plus, the image coming from the server looks a lot better on the LCD than it did on that crappy old MAG. I'm thinking of taking another photo now that it looks a little better and re-posting.

Smokey
01-23-03, 01:16 PM
That would be good, take those pics and post them here :D Still waiting for Vamp to post some pics of his new set up ;) he must have his new monitor by now :POKE: