PDA

View Full Version : Is LCD really that Good For Gameing

john19055
01-17-06, 06:18 AM
I have now tried two different LCD one was a 19"Sceptre with 8ms and a ViewSonic 19" LCD 8ms ,they both look great for windows and browseing the net,and it looks great in slow games,but when I play a raceing game like NFSMW then it did not look that good ,when you are going fast it is just to blurry for me,and I had motion blurr turned off.I have went back to my CRT with a Trinitron tube and it looks a lot better in my raceing games and the picture on my monitor looks real close to a LCD as for as just a clean picture.

CrazyIvan
01-17-06, 07:35 AM
It takes some time to get used to LCDs (esp. for gaming) and once you've seen good LCDs (like the Samsung 930BF for example), you'll never go back to tube monitors. If you look for it, you will still find some tearing here and there, but the superior image quality compensates that.

Ninjaman09
01-17-06, 08:20 AM
I got a Samsung 214T (1600x1200 8ms) LCD last week and even though I already had a 915N, I'm even more convinced that I'll never go back to CRT. The thing is huge, gorgeous, and most of all incredibly crisp. With a good LCD you'll see things in your games you never noticed before. Geometry issues are a thing of the past as well.

Superfly
01-17-06, 08:33 AM
I got a Samsung 214T (1600x1200 8ms) LCD last week and even though I already had a 915N, I'm even more convinced that I'll never go back to CRT. The thing is huge, gorgeous, and most of all incredibly crisp. With a good LCD you'll see things in your games you never noticed before. Geometry issues are a thing of the past as well.

Yup - My Samsung 930BF (19" 4ms screen) kicks serious IQ ass.

My CRT looks grey and lifeless by Comparison.

Riptide
01-17-06, 08:34 AM
Mine has a 16ms response time and I can see ghosting - but usually only if I look for it and attempt to reproduce it such as standing in front of a wall in CSS and strafing from side to side. During actualy gameplay I don't see it at all.

It's not perfect but it's still better overall than any CRT I've owned including Sony GDMF500/F500R series.

Tygerwoody
01-17-06, 09:44 AM
I have now tried two different LCD one was a 19"Sceptre with 8ms and a ViewSonic 19" LCD 8ms ,they both look great for windows and browseing the net,and it looks great in slow games,but when I play a raceing game like NFSMW then it did not look that good ,when you are going fast it is just to blurry for me,and I had motion blurr turned off.I have went back to my CRT with a Trinitron tube and it looks a lot better in my raceing games and the picture on my monitor looks real close to a LCD as for as just a clean picture.
Need For Speed has motion blur....

Riptide
01-17-06, 09:59 AM
If you read his post again he mentions having that turned OFF. ;)

nV`andrew
01-17-06, 05:06 PM
Yup - My Samsung 930BF (19" 4ms screen) kicks serious IQ ass.

My CRT looks grey and lifeless by Comparison.

you have encouraged me to save up money for this lcd. that thing is a beast!

Roadhog
01-17-06, 05:12 PM
i have a samsung 710N, its 12ms and for the price it kicks ass!

siorai
01-17-06, 05:18 PM
It takes some time to get used to LCDs (esp. for gaming) and once you've seen good LCDs (like the Samsung 930BF for example), you'll never go back to tube monitors. If you look for it, you will still find some tearing here and there, but the superior image quality compensates that.

Tearing has absolutely nothing to do with having an LCD or not. It's a v-sync issue so if you don't like tearing, turn v-sync on.

john19055
01-18-06, 04:43 PM
I think I will stick with my CRT monitor ,I still like to use all of my resolutions,and that is one thing that a LCD can not do so good.

Tygerwoody
01-18-06, 04:47 PM
If you read his post again he mentions having that turned OFF. ;)
:o