PDA

View Full Version : Zalman CNPS9500 question

SignorSalad
01-20-06, 09:12 AM
This is really for anyone with this cooler and a socket 939 system who replaced an existing cooler (rather than a brand new install). Did you have to take your motherboard out for installation or were you able to use the existing back plate.

I've read conflicting accounts from various sources on whether installation will require the motherboard to have to come out or not. I have an XP-90 currently and the consensus seems to be that this is better.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Roch
01-20-06, 10:40 AM
I fitted mine to an SLI-D with it still in the case (Antec P180). It will depend on the amount of clearance between the mobo back and the case, if the backing plate stays pretty much in situ when you unscrew the retension bracket then you can screw the 9500 in, otherwise you'll have to pull the board out.

SignorSalad
01-20-06, 11:52 AM
I fitted mine to an SLI-D with it still in the case (Antec P180). It will depend on the amount of clearance between the mobo back and the case, if the backing plate stays pretty much in situ when you unscrew the retension bracket then you can screw the 9500 in, otherwise you'll have to pull the board out.

Ok, my mileage may vary. Thanks, this is the kind of thing not found in any review.