PDA

View Full Version : Good Gaming Wireless Keyboard?

Banko
01-20-06, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know if such a thing even exists? I've never used wireless before, but my keyboard ($5 one at OfficeMax) has annoyed me, and well I would like a wireless one. So far the best I have found was a Logitech Combo the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5000 which comes with a MX1000 mouse.

J-Mag
01-20-06, 12:49 PM
Why would you need wireless for gaming? Do you play far away from your computer ? Do you move around a lot or play from different locations (if so have you thought of Ritalin?)?

Banko
01-20-06, 01:08 PM
Because I'm tired of the clutter that wires tend to lead to.

npras42
01-20-06, 01:09 PM
Yeah, my bro uses a Wireless k'bd for gaming because he plays on his Plasma HDTV and needs to sit away from his PC.

[EDIT] Whoops. He already replied.

J-Mag
01-20-06, 01:18 PM
Because I'm tired of the clutter that wires tend to lead to.

I think that is a noble cause, but you will never be rid of the wires from monitor to PC and power cords for every device (even wireless ones need to charge).

Marvel_us
01-20-06, 02:06 PM
My bed is close to my pc and I use my kb to chat to ppl online sometimes.

It's just one of those regular logitech wireless ones though, not a "gaming" kb but gets the job done.

crainger
01-21-06, 08:18 AM
If you must have a wireless keyboard for gaming I'd recommend any of the logitech keyboards. The problem is they are so costly due to the fact most are in a bundle with a wireless mouse. Are you using a logitech mouse that uses Setpoint? If so definitaly go with a logitech keyboard, saves on extra software as they should share the setpoint software.

However i would steer clear of wireless keyboards for gaming. they have a habbit of going flat right in the middle of your favourite online FPS :) having to fumble with 4AA batteries is not fun. Maybe when they have a setup like the G7 mouse when easy change batteries that you can recharge quickly gaming on a wireless keyboard might be less risky.