PDA

View Full Version : Awesome real-life HL2 images

superklye
01-21-06, 02:16 PM
I just stumbled across this looking for a picture of Michael Chiklis to show some people what a badass he is and this guy has a directory of HL2 characters/monsters photoshopped into real-life scenery and I have to admit, a lot of them look REALLY good.

http://mirror.randomfoo.net/sites/200505/members.iinet.net.au/~kris.mar/

Capt. Picard
01-21-06, 02:20 PM
I am also chiklis, but is actively looking for a girlfriend.

CaptNKILL
01-21-06, 02:27 PM
Wow that stuff is AWESOME. Hes probably using 3d Studio max to put the models in where they belong, change the lighting to fit the picture, then cut them out and put them into the picture. The one of the combine sitting on the bed is perfect. The ones where hes fighting the scanners are just awesome too.

superklye
01-21-06, 02:29 PM
Wow that stuff is AWESOME. Hes probably using 3d Studio max to put the models in where they belong, change the lighting to fit the picture, then cut them out and put them into the picture. The one of the combine sitting on the bed is perfect. The ones where hes fighting the scanners are just awesome too.
Yeah, I was really impressed with those scanners. Alyx looked meh, but the rest...wow.

nV`andrew
01-21-06, 03:08 PM
wtf i thoguht that was somebody actually dressed up like a newbie! damn that **** is good!

can someone show me where the runescape forum is? :udawg:

jolle
01-21-06, 09:32 PM
yeah this are the models imported into 3d app, and it looks like its using Global Illumination or Final Gathering to light the scene based on a HDR "skybox", gives nice natural lighting.

Knot3D
01-22-06, 06:16 AM
Hmm, the models themselves are still pretty like modeled 'puppets'.

Good job on the HDRI set up though.

killahsin
01-23-06, 10:19 AM
yeah thats some very good post work.