PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion.....

Pages : [1] 2

overheat
01-22-06, 06:14 PM
since I finished building my computer I only bought 4 games.
Fear
cod2
B&w2
Bf2 special force
Im not really in to rts except for B&w2

is it me are their not a lot of big computer games coming out this days.

I wanna upgrade soon...........but my GF is saying a big no
because she think its not worth the money. And Im playing my 360 way more then my pc.

what do you guys think of the state of gaming on PC

DoomUK
01-22-06, 06:44 PM
what do you guys think of the state of gaming on PC

ET2:Quake Wars
UT2007
Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion
Prey
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Shadow of Chernobyl
Crysis (Far Cry 2 basically)

Well, there's 6 class-A titles for a start to look forward to this year*. To answer your first question, naturally there's a current overload of great titles (some being PC ports) on the '360 because it's a brand spanking new platform, usually the way.

*Hopefully ;)...

OWA
01-22-06, 06:50 PM
I think it has been great. For a while it was really crowded b/c Quake 4, COD2, FEAR, etc. were all out about the same time. There is also a bunch of new games coming soon some of which DoomUK listed.

Check this thread: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63709

jAkUp
01-22-06, 07:34 PM
Yea, the 360 has even less great games right now. Just a few.

DoomUK
01-22-06, 08:03 PM
Just a few.

True. As I said, 3 of the 360's best games are PC ports, and the (seemingly impressive, but never played it) Condemned: CO is scheduled for a PC release anyway...

Bad_Boy
01-22-06, 08:09 PM
Yea, the 360 has even less great games right now. Just a few.
shhhh, they will hear you. ;)

toxikneedle
01-22-06, 09:40 PM
True. As I said, 3 of the 360's best games are PC ports, and the (seemingly impressive, but never played it) Condemned: CO is scheduled for a PC release anyway...
PC ports? I dont know where u been but COD2 is more of a console port to PC than the other way.... it runs like **** on PCs. And what are the other 2? Most people I talk to have COD2, PDZ, PGR3 and depending on what type of players they are, Condemned or Kameo or Madden/NBA.

COD2 is the only 1 out for PC out of those games. Plus I just beat condemned and I loved it but it will suck on PC. Since all you do is block and hit, u dont need a mouse for that. The guns you have in the game last maybe 2 seconds and u barely get any.

overheat
01-22-06, 10:47 PM
thx for the titles coming in 2006......thats gonna be a good argument and with vista coming...

as for the 360 maybe their is no title coming up right now but its only 500$ dollars slepping not 3000$ and up like my pc lol.

but elder scroll I will be playing it on my 360! comfy on my couch on my 60 inch tv...........cant wait for this game

q4 is so far a way I wanna play crysis now!!! :)

demonized
01-22-06, 11:35 PM
but what else do you need to upgrade on your system? You already got evryones dream system.

CaptNKILL
01-23-06, 12:00 AM
but what else do you need to upgrade on your system? You already got evryones dream system.
Eh? No way... my dream system would have at least 2 GTX 512Mbs ;)

jAkUp
01-23-06, 01:08 AM
My dream system has 2x G71's ;)

overheat
01-23-06, 03:09 AM
Wanna upgrade to 2 G71 and get a ppu when they came out

Knot3D
01-23-06, 05:35 AM
Well, I think alot of the good console games will get pc ports.

Like ES : Oblivion, dual core or multithread code development
costs will be spread out over both console & pc.

PaiN
01-23-06, 06:35 AM
Eh? No way... my dream system would have at least 2 GTX 512Mbs
My dream system has 2x G71's

hmm....I've lowered my standards in the last few weeks, my dream system is one that "runs right", I think I'm close ..... I think

DoomUK
01-23-06, 06:46 AM
And what are the other 2?

I meant Quake 4 and NFS:MW (the latter is technically a PS2/XBOX1/GC port no doubt, but nevertheless it's a port ;)).

toxikneedle
01-23-06, 07:49 AM
I think like maybe 2 ppl with 360s actually own Q4. Its kinda bad on the 360... I played the demo, and online isnt great all. I honestly believe the only reason NFSMW is out on PC is because EA release it for every platform possible, I mean there's even a Mobile version of the game. Driving with a keyboard is still kinda lame, and they dont even let u change ur res higher than 1280x1024 which is ridiculous.

DoomUK
01-23-06, 08:01 AM
Its kinda bad on the 360

Ergo PC>360* :box:

*ATM, with a few exeptions perhaps. I'm still looking around for one anyway just to play PGR3 in the comfort of my own home :D

jAkUp
01-23-06, 11:00 AM
On NFSMW, I have the option of up to 1600x1200...

But on the XB360, they don't even allow you to choose higher than 1280x720! How lame! :D :D :D

OWA
01-23-06, 12:23 PM
I honestly believe the only reason NFSMW is out on PC is because EA release it for every platform possible, I mean there's even a Mobile version of the game. Driving with a keyboard is still kinda lame, and they dont even let u change ur res higher than 1280x1024 which is ridiculous.
I play it at 1600x1200 and use a dual-stick gamepad or joystick or steering wheel for driving (depending on how much trouble I want to go through and what's within an arms reach).

overheat
01-23-06, 01:19 PM
lol at those hardcore pc gamers who still play in 4:3 rez
16:10 is the way to go. :)
joke;)

toxikneedle
01-23-06, 05:03 PM
I play it at 1600x1200 and use a dual-stick gamepad or joystick or steering wheel for driving (depending on how much trouble I want to go through and what's within an arms reach).
Yeah but i bet you dont get the cool vibrations :p ? Now I very much so doubt anyone out there actually bought a 360 just to play NFSMW... I was just saying that I think NFS and most driving games provide a better experience on consoles.... of course unless u have the steering wheel with pedals, which is cool.

As far as the res, considering your at least 5 feet away from your tv when you play consoles, you really dont need 1600x1200... so 1280x720 would be enough.

What I like about console games as well, is that with gamefly or whatever, u can just rent the game and u dont really need to bust out $50 everytime. I'm only gonna be using my PC for online FPS gaming, the only thing worth buying and using a PC for.

Fighting Spirit
01-24-06, 01:19 PM
I have just bought a 360 and d/l Condemed for it just for checking it out..hate FPS on gamepad but who doesent hehe ;)

Annyway as I said tested it for a look of it and I hate to say it..it runs like total crap..okey what can one get from a console but hey this supose to be nextgen and this is not good at all..
the textures look kind of blurry and the frames is crap to..30 frames okey it cant handle more but it is jerky to ...

My crappy comp put out much better then this..FEAR for a good example since it's the same engine for Condemend..So just wait for the game to come out for Pc and you get a much better game..better textures and better frames ;)

It seems like many says that what we have seen for the 360 is not good at all..of course it will get better but this is even worse then the first box come out hehe..

Quake 4 heh that game is totaly unplayable for what I read..and again a medium Pc do better then 360..

But in the end one shall not compare a console for that price against a nice Pc but who dident as this time it seems even worse then before :thumbdwn:

Annyway Cameo look pretty nice and Gotham 3 to and that game is realy superb :D
Gotham 3 is a must buy and fits a console perfectly..and all shooter we then can leave for our old trysty Pc who can run them!

evilchris
01-24-06, 01:50 PM
I have just bought a 360 and d/l Condemed for it just for checking it out..hate FPS on gamepad but who doesent hehe ;)

Me and about 20 million other gamers.

Fighting Spirit
01-24-06, 04:35 PM
Me and about 20 million other gamers.

Yepp ..but pleaz tell me the gfx will improve much much more ;)

Annyway 360 is pretty nice dont you think!

evilchris
01-24-06, 04:54 PM
I think the graphics will improve. Compare Splinter Cell CT on Xbox to launch games.