PDA

View Full Version : ASUS Update V6.10.01 Won't install or detect Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe MB Help!

Pages : [1] 2

Digital_Trans
01-22-06, 11:42 PM
Hey, guys I know someone in the past recently posted a thread in this section on NV News on how to get the ASUS Update Utility to work in Windows XP and detect the Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard in conjuction with allowing the ASUS Update Utility to install successfully. It had something to do with Creative hardware or software or something like that. Would someone please reply back very soon and post the direct url link?
I've looked everywhere for that information here and didn't have any luck finding where it was on NV News Please help...thank you! (nana2)

AthlonXP1800
01-23-06, 12:19 AM
V6.10.01 is old, ASUS now released new latest V7.04.01 that fixed install and launch problems. :)

Digital_Trans
01-23-06, 12:46 AM
V6.10.01 is old, ASUS now released new latest V7.04.01 that fixed install and launch problems. :)

Thanks for your advice but, I'm still having the same problem when trying to install Asus Update v7.04.01
It's saying no Asus motherboard and something else reboot no NT something. If you or anyone else knows of the link I requested...please post it...thank you!

Muppet
01-23-06, 01:54 AM
It's a common problem i read about it on there forums when i had an Asus board.There is no fix at this time for the problem.Although a format can make it run at least for a while until it craps out again.I had the same problem with the A8NSLI32.

Digital_Trans
01-23-06, 02:07 AM
It's a common problem i read about it on there forums when i had an Asus board.There is no fix at this time for the problem.Although a format can make it run at least for a while until it craps out again.I had the same problem with the A8NSLI32.

But, someone claimed that there's a fix for this problem on NV News.
Do yuo know where that link is at? I wanted to try the fix and see if it were true or not.

AthlonXP1800
01-23-06, 02:44 AM
ASUS Update V7.04.01 download here (http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/AsusUpdt70401.zip).

Superfly
01-23-06, 05:15 AM
ASUS Update V7.04.01 download here (http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/AsusUpdt70401.zip).

does'nt work - NONE of the update versions will work.

AthlonXP1800
01-23-06, 05:24 AM
does'nt work - NONE of the update versions will work.

Hmmm that very strange, I was clean installed XP SP2 and all the updates included Creative latest driver last week were worked fine.

Superfly
01-23-06, 05:29 AM
yeh its a problem with asus forgetting to tell the BIOS thats its an ASUS board - affects a LOT of boards both AMD and Intel.

the last BIOS to work with the auto-updater was 10.14 for my A8V.

still - DOS flashing works just fine.

scott123
01-23-06, 07:28 AM

Yes there is a fix.
Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\aWow6432Node

Works for me, updated to the latest bios, no problem.

EDIT: DON'T FORGET TO RE-BOOT 1ST, THEN INSTALL ASUS UPDATE!

Superfly
01-23-06, 07:33 AM
nice one - ill try that tonight and see if I can get it installed - would mean I can bin the floppy drive at last!!!!!

King_HooF
01-23-06, 09:47 AM
This problem has to do with the creative driver for X-fi soundcards.

They are working on this but we all know how fast creative is to update their drivers :thumbdwn:

havent tried the registry change yet but thx Scott123 for the tip:thumbsup:

Superfly
01-23-06, 09:59 AM
thats rubbish - I had this issue LONG before I had my X-Fi card.

The problem is that ASUS are not putting a manufacturer in the correct portion of the BIOS and as such even there own software wont install.

I have a support E-Mail from ASUS saying they are looking into it.

Its nothing to do with the X-Fi cards.

Digital_Trans
01-23-06, 10:07 AM
Yes there is a fix.
Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\aWow6432Node

Works for me, updated to the latest bios, no problem.

EDIT: DON'T FORGET TO RE-BOOT 1ST, THEN INSTALL ASUS UPDATE!

Question, when I go into the Windows XP registry and find Wow6432Nobe all I see is a folder. What do I need to change to aWow6432Node? the folder name? the key or value??? I'm not sure on what I need to change.
Please explain...thank you! :)

King_HooF
01-23-06, 10:35 AM
thats rubbish - I had this issue LONG before I had my X-Fi card.

The problem is that ASUS are not putting a manufacturer in the correct portion of the BIOS and as such even there own software wont install.

I have a support E-Mail from ASUS saying they are looking into it.

Its nothing to do with the X-Fi cards.

I never had this problem until i bought my X-Fi and if i make a clean install of winXP i works,but as soon as i have installed the drivers+apps it won't.

i've read many forums(incl. asus) regardings this and there's alot of people coming to the same conclusion.Maybe it's not creatives fault but it's sure a strange Coincidence.

Oh,and i own a A8N-sli premium btw

Digital_Trans
01-23-06, 11:41 AM
I need detailed instructions on how to fix this problem please.
When I go into the Windows XP registry and find Wow6432Nobe all I see is a folder. What do I need to change to aWow6432Node? the folder name? the key or value??? I'm not sure on what I need to change please explain...thank you!

Superfly
01-23-06, 12:09 PM
umm - does'nt work.

why dont you just use a floppy disk to update your bios??

or copy the .rom file to a cd and use the asus bios recovery method........

Digital_Trans
01-23-06, 12:25 PM
umm - does'nt work.

why dont you just use a floppy disk to update your bios??

or copy the .rom file to a cd and use the asus bios recovery method........

All I need is instructions on how to do that reg thing. Do you know does anyone know? If so please explain.

CrazyIvan
01-23-06, 01:04 PM
I need detailed instructions on how to fix this problem please.
When I go into the Windows XP registry and find Wow6432Nobe all I see is a folder. What do I need to change to aWow6432Node? the folder name? the key or value??? I'm not sure on what I need to change please explain...thank you!

the folder and reboot afterwards

Lars
01-23-06, 01:35 PM
Well Digital_Trans I'll be interested to know if you can get it to work. I never did with my P5N32-SLI. Only program that would update the BIOS was AFUDOS, AFLASH wouldn't it said "no bios hook" or something like that. However AFUDOS hosed the motherboard as you may well know. So I would be weary updating that BIOS if I were you.

Mr Fujisawa
01-23-06, 01:48 PM
well i hae an A8N sli and have never been able to get the utlilty to install, so i tried renamed that folder in the registry, rebooting, but i still ge the same error :(

Superfly
01-23-06, 03:06 PM
yeh that fix did'nt work for me either.

CrazyIvan
01-23-06, 03:27 PM
yeh that fix did'nt work for me either.
strange, it worked for me and a couple of other guys in the last thread that came up with this topic.

scott123
01-23-06, 07:22 PM
Yeah me too. All I know is ASUS update would never work for me either. Someone posted it right here and walla I was back in business, in fact I just flashed to the latest bios (4800+ on the way, so I needed to).

I tried every version of ASUS update and it was a no-go until this reg fix. I DO think their is some validity to the X-Fi therory, because it all started after I installed a Creative ZS card and continued with my new X-Fi (even after a format). This reg fix may be specific to a ASUS/SLI/NF4 platform?

OWA
01-23-06, 08:15 PM
well i hae an A8N sli and have never been able to get the utlilty to install, so i tried renamed that folder in the registry, rebooting, but i still ge the same error :(
Yeah, it didn't work for me the first time I tried it but after seeing others say it did indeed work for them (in the other thread on this) I went back and tried it again. It worked the 2nd time around. I'm not sure what I did wrong the first time but you may want to try it one more time just to be sure.