PDA

View Full Version : ATI MMC and nVidia SLI incompatibilities

carage
01-24-06, 03:50 AM
I own a pair of 7800 GTXs and a PowerColor Theater 550 Pro PCI-E, trying to get the best of both worlds.
After many unsucessful trials with previous versions of MMC, I finally found the latest 9.13 would work with Theater 550 Pro.
However, there is a problem with the TV function. It does not seem to support SLI, if I have SLI enabled, the bottom half the screen would freeze and turn green.
Once I disable SLI rendering, then the video is normal.
This really isn't a big deal, but it is still an annoyance.
Anyone have ideas on how to fix this with a more automated solution?
Thanks.

Ronin
01-24-06, 03:55 AM
I'm wondering why it makes a difference with SLi being a non-rebootable feature now?

carage
01-24-06, 04:20 AM
Well, that is why I said it really isn't a big deal.
However, it is still an inconvenience.
Besides, other TV software such PowerCinema and the one that comes with Nero 7 doesn't seem to be affected, they each come with their own sets of problems though.

BrianG
01-24-06, 07:30 AM
Well, that is why I said it really isn't a big deal.
However, it is still an inconvenience.
Besides, other TV software such PowerCinema and the one that comes with Nero 7 doesn't seem to be affected, they each come with their own sets of problems though.
It is an inconvenience and MMC does = teh suck.

I have been fitting MMC ever since I bought the TV Wonder Pro. If it weren't for the great RF remote and DScaler, it would have been thrown out long ago. I'll install MMC, see how it runs, fight windows errors for about thrity minutes and boot into safe mode to uninstall. It is almost like a bi-monthly ritual ATI and I have...

I would recommend noting your complaint at Rage3D's Multimedia board. You'll have more of a chance of ATI noticeing the bug.

emailthatguy
01-24-06, 10:07 PM
It is an inconvenience and MMC does = teh suck.

i thought it was more like ATI Software = teh suck.