PDA

View Full Version : Something to say about good customer support...

Medion
01-24-06, 06:57 AM
I recently bought a 7800GT. I was about to go with XFX because I liked the design of their special edition. However, seeing the common issues with it, and the fact that XFX was actually refusing RMAs associated with those issues turned me off.

I ordered a 7800GT that was marked as "register at evga.com and receive a copy of Quake 4."

When I registered, I saw that the promo clearly stated "while supplies last." The next page (after registering) showed that the promo had ended roughly 10 days earlier.

Well, figured I'd just deal with it, as it wasn't a game I would've bought anyway. Today though, I received an email from EVGA customer support apologizing for it, and since their supply of Q4 was exhausted, they offered to give me a new copy of COD2 as well.

There's something to say about good customer support. The support boards at XFX and EVGA are night and day, and this is just another example. So, rather than get my wife's 6800GS through XFX, I went through EVGA for that as well.

OWA
01-24-06, 08:03 PM
Wow, that's impressive but I can't believe you didn't really want a copy of Quake 4! :p

Tho Jo Smale
01-24-06, 09:46 PM
eVga pwns the newbs

nuf said

Medion
01-24-06, 09:58 PM
Wow, that's impressive but I can't believe you didn't really want a copy of Quake 4!

Not everyone has the same taste in games :)

Medion
02-11-06, 02:10 PM
Being the retard that I am, I didn't think to verify the overclock on my EVGA 7800GT.

They sell one for $295ish (445/1070) and one for $325ish (470/1100, copper heatsink). I bought the lower end version.

Well, I didn't think much of it at first, but mine does have a copper heatsink. When checking the clocks, I'm running 468/1100 by default.

To add more to it, as I posted before, they ran out of copies of Quake 4, so sent me CoD 2 instead. When I opened the GPU box to set up my PC...out fell a copy of Q4.

No contest, best GPU purchase I have ever made.

a12ctic
02-11-06, 02:17 PM
yes evga is really a great company....

keith33
02-11-06, 03:06 PM
eVGA does dominate. I bet jakUp's eyes are burning when he sees threads like this. :):)

OWA
02-11-06, 03:20 PM
Not everyone has the same taste in games :)

To add more to it, as I posted before, they ran out of copies of Quake 4, so sent me CoD 2 instead. When I opened the GPU box to set up my PC...out fell a copy of Q4.

Yeah, I was just trying to give you a hard time. :)

So, does that mean you got both CoD2 and Quake 4.

Medion
02-11-06, 03:24 PM
So, does that mean you got both CoD2 and Quake 4

Yup. I installed Quake (the CD-Key was missing the last digit, but I figured it out) and am going to sell CoD2. I'll probably toss Quake 4 as well. We'll see.