PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking my Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe

Digital_Trans
01-24-06, 12:28 PM
Word on the street is that an Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard is a very effective motherboard for "Over Clocking" but, I don't see how???
I did an auto overclock on this board with my Koolance water cooling case and had no luck keeping it stable. Am I missing something with a certain setting in the system bios or what?
So far this motherboard hasn't kicked out any good overclocking features or stayed stable with any overclocking features I set in the bios. What do you guys suggest? :)

My Specs:

Koolance Internal Water Cooling Case
Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe
Pentinum D 830+ 3.0 GHZ
2GB of Corsair DDR2 Memory
2-BFG 7800 GTX-OC 512MB SLI
Creative X-Fi Fatality
Sintek 600+ Watt Power Supply
Western Digital SATA-Raptor 36GB
Western Digital SATA-Raptor 75GB

sabersix1
01-24-06, 06:35 PM
What BIOS are you using?
What Speed are You running FSB?
What MHz Your RAM?
What are RAM Timings?
Also, the CPU V-Core Voltage is lower than what Board reports.

Digital_Trans
01-25-06, 11:05 AM
What BIOS are you using?
What Speed are You running FSB?
What MHz Your RAM?
What are RAM Timings?
Also, the CPU V-Core Voltage is lower than what Board reports.

This is what I know....

BIOS version: 0212
FSB = 800MHz
RAM MHz = 667
RAM Timings Auto

Digital_Trans
01-26-06, 09:48 AM
Update: So far I was able to overclock my Intel Pentinum D 830+ 3.0GHz to
3.44GHz with a temp reading of 31c on my Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard. All I did was ajust the speed in the Asus bios to a 15% increase. I didn't change anything else. So far it's running very stable. If I try to increase the overclocking to 20% the motherboard fails to run stable on that setting and wants me to reset up the bios settings by default. I would really like to get be stable at 20% which would run the processor at 3.6GHz Any suggestions? (nana2) The whole perpose of having a Koolance water cooling case is overclock. :)

Digital_Trans
01-27-06, 01:51 PM
Update: Running stable at 3.6GHz Yahoo!!!! I've done it and without anyones help! (nana2) of course help is always welcome!