PDA

View Full Version : Floppy Drives

seeker
01-25-06, 01:09 PM
I think that I am behind the times, not only because I prefer and have dual floppies installed, but also because I do not understand the changes in motherboards these days. On all of the motherboards that I have tried lately (MSI, Gigabyte and Asus) only one floppy appears (A). I've gotten conflicting information, some saying that the motherboards only support one floppy now, but in the Gigabyte manual, it specifically said that it supported 2. The other two boards do not specify. However, in the Asus faqs, it answers a question regarding too many floppies appearing, and says that this may be due to having a CD or DVD drive set as the first boot device and having a bootable disk within.

I would really like to have both floppies appear simutaneously, and have the option of which I use. Can anyone clear this up for me?

seeker
01-26-06, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure about the other two, but I got the answer from Asus today. If I want two floppies, I have to add a floppy pci card. Sometimes, I think the word "progess" is an oxymoran.