PDA

View Full Version : DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Venus!

SH64
01-27-06, 03:41 PM
Ever heard of it ?? well i've got some leaked info about this upcoming special mobo from DFI celebrating thier 25th Anniversary :

features :
- 100% japanese low ESR solid capacitors
- Wider PCI-E slot gaps (just like the Expert model)
- SLI BIOS switch (no jumpers anymore)
- Rare edition gift box
- 6 layer PCB
- Shielding UV round cables
- only 1000 pieces will be manufactured around the world.

for more info read the .pdf file :
http://rapidshare.de/files/11973748/DFI_nF4_Venus_specs.pdf.html

i was about to get the Expert , but now i think i'll pass it right away to teh Venus!! :D

EDIT : the only negative about it is the 8x/8x PCI-E config :/

ViN86
01-27-06, 04:27 PM
yea i was about to get an expert too, but if the venus is as good as they say it is, im goin for it. any ideas on price/release/availability?

SH64
01-27-06, 04:35 PM
yea i was about to get an expert too, but if the venus is as good as they say it is, im goin for it. any ideas on price/release/availability?

My source is telling me its coming after like a month or so .. i already asked 'em to preserve one for me.

Lfctony
01-27-06, 04:41 PM
My source is telling me its coming after like a month or so .. i already asked 'em to preserve one for me.

Preserve? As in "Put in ice" preserve? :p J/K mate. :)

jAkUp
01-27-06, 04:49 PM
Dammit! After I just bought this board! :(

CaptNKILL
01-27-06, 04:59 PM
Eh, give it another week or two and they will have the dual x16 version :p

If they do that, im pretty sure itl take the crown of longest PC hardware name ever. :p

SH64
01-27-06, 05:06 PM

Well you cant expect to be THE KING in everything :p

ViN86
01-27-06, 05:08 PM
i was gonna ask for an expert for my birthday thats in two weeks. idk what to do, the only difference between the boards is the capacitors. and the collector's box. cant forget about the collector's box...

SH64
01-27-06, 05:13 PM
For a mobo i'd always go with the best since you are going to be using it for a while , but if money is a problem then maybe you'd be better off with the expert.

|MaguS|
01-28-06, 07:01 AM
Um... from its features that you listed, it really has nothing that the Expert doesn't have.

The Expert has the 100% Japanese Capacitors, SLi Bios Option, Wider PCI-E Gap and I think all Motherboards are 6 Layer PCB...

Basically the only difference is limited edition, shielded cables (aren't they all?) and a collectors box, for what? A higher price? Not worth it in my opinion... Im happy with my Expert.

SH64
01-28-06, 10:28 AM
Um... from its features that you listed, it really has nothing that the Expert doesn't have.

The Expert has the 100% Japanese Capacitors, SLi Bios Option, Wider PCI-E Gap and I think all Motherboards are 6 Layer PCB...

Basically the only difference is limited edition, shielded cables (aren't they all?) and a collectors box, for what? A higher price? Not worth it in my opinion... Im happy with my Expert.

The Expert has 100% jap capacitors , but they are'nt low ESR. check the .pdf file to see what does that mean.

|MaguS|
01-28-06, 11:37 AM
They already use low ESR Capacitors (They just might use a step above the current crop), they just don't advertise it. I honestly see not big difference worth the purchase over the Expert. If people want to spend the extra for a nice box and different cables go ahead but I will still continue to recommend the SLi-DR Expert.

Heres a nicer comparison from the PDF...

ViN86
03-14-06, 11:36 AM
well, it seems the venus is (or should i say was) available on newegg.

$289.99 !! im glad i got the expert board, 300 is just too much....
but, it you simply must have the best, there it is :)

SH64
03-15-06, 03:26 PM
well, it seems the venus is (or should i say was) available on newegg.

$289.99 !! im glad i got the expert board, 300 is just too much....
but, it you simply must have the best, there it is :)

Yep already got it! :D

Strahd
03-15-06, 04:13 PM
I almost got that board but I decided the expert would be fine for me for right now since AMD is coming out with its AM2, it will require another MB change :)

Of course there is always the new Conroe too and another MB hehe

OWA
03-16-06, 12:23 AM
Yep already got it! :D
So, how is it? Satisfied?

SH64
03-16-06, 04:29 PM
So, how is it? Satisfied?
Yes i'm :D .. though it still lacks the full x16 SLI feature :o (because who knows , i might go Quad SLI in the near future!! :p)

SH64
03-16-06, 05:42 PM
So how is it? A box shot would be nice :)

Does it overclock any better?
there you go! :D
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65932

as for overclocking , i didnt try any yet. actually i'm not planning for any O/Cing right now.