PDA

View Full Version : SLI in Quake 4 -Maybe other games too

GuOD
01-27-06, 04:49 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been playing with the green bars for SLI activated and I noticed something funny. In Quake 4, at certain random parts, the green bars don't stretch totally vertically.. they will only stretch about 10% of the screen from the middle, and I will get very low FPS as if I were only using 1 card. As soon as I turn around or move a little, it will usually fix. Is this because certain parts aren't configured properly for SLI (parts of the game) or is something buggy?

Thanks

mojoicus
01-28-06, 10:15 AM
Do you have show gpu load balencing enabled in your nvidia control panel?

GuOD
01-28-06, 01:48 PM
Do you have show gpu load balencing enabled in your nvidia control panel?

Yes I do. Sorry maybe you didn't understand my question.

I have this setting enabled, and it shows the green bars the entire time, however, at certain parts, the green bars shrink and I get really slow FPS. Then if I turn around, I get right back up to normal FPS and the green bars go full size

OWA
01-28-06, 01:57 PM
It might be normal. Depending on what's being rendered, sometimes SLI doesn't help.

emailthatguy
01-28-06, 05:52 PM
also make sure youre running the 1.5.0 patch and when the game loads bring down the console w/ ~ and type in "r_useSMP 1" (without the quotes). you should see quite a bit of performace as i see youre running an x2 processor. with that command and the 1.5.0 patch they implemented use of both cores of your processor.

SH64
01-29-06, 01:16 AM
Thats normal .. some parts are pretty demanding (like more light sources , heavy usage of shaders ..etc) & thats where even SLI performance will be reduced.