PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever seen this kinda crap

night
01-27-06, 09:33 PM
just bought a used leadtek 6800gt, got it and the screen is garbled, post and windows. did some digging and its fairly common, so i just start the rma process.

anyway, during my screwing with it, i tried the latest drivers and when they were installing the screen went blank and monitor went into standby. and thats all it would do in normal or safe. i put my 9700 back in and got back into windows and setup it up again.
but the most f'd up thing was my keyboard wouldnt work. a usb or ps2. the usb would install and say the name of the board (saitek), say it was working, but it wouldnt type.
in the end i had to go to my wifes comp and export a class/keyboard key. somehow it seems the nv drivers either on there own or with the messed up card corrupted the keyboards drivers ability to install O_o

a12ctic
01-27-06, 09:58 PM
reinstall the os

jAkUp
01-27-06, 09:59 PM
A corrupted screen is a common problem, however, nV drivers causing the keyboard to fubar is definetely not common, and I have never heard of it before... heh

snowmanwithahat
01-28-06, 12:07 PM
i've heard that the leadtek cards have had very many issues like that, however the solution for most ends in the RMA process