PDA

View Full Version : Odd SLI issue after installing 82.12

Rayman1968
01-27-06, 11:16 PM
Specs in sig.

Two nights ago I updated to 82.12 from 81.87. Everything went fine. I start playing CS:S and quickly notice I'm getting fps drops in the same places when I only had one card in my system.

I alt+tab out and double check that SLI is enabled...it is. So I check the temps on both cards. Card #2 is 15 degrees cooler than card #1. Obviously it isn't doing anything even though SLI is enabled. So I disable it and re-enable it again. I go back in-game and the fps drops are gone. I check the temps again and now card #2 is running hotter (proving that it's working).

Problem is, I have this issue after every re-boot. I have to disable and re-enable SLI to get the second card to 'do it's thing'.

I'll revert to the previous driver but am curious if anyone else has had this happen with the 82.12 drivers.

retsam
01-27-06, 11:17 PM
why done you try th 83.xx's ...

Rayman1968
01-27-06, 11:55 PM
I guess I could give them a shot. I tried the 81.98's and had the same problem.

I'm starting to think this is going to happen with any version I use from now on.... :thumbdwn:

OWA
01-28-06, 08:32 AM
Hmm, no problems here using the same motherboard. I think I'm using bios 1009 but it was fine with earlier bioses and also fine with the 256 GTXs before I upgraded to the 512 GTXs. Edit: Using 81.98 but that also doesn't matter for me since it has been fine with all the other drivers also. Using nforce 6.70s. I'll check to see how I have things set in the bios also.

My bios options are as follows:

EZ Plug Warning: Enabled (and I'm using the EZ-plug)
SLI Broadcast Ap: Disabled
AI Selector: Auto
PEG Link Mode: Disabled
PEG Root Control: Disabled
PEG Buffer Length: Short

I really don't think those should matter though.