PDA

View Full Version : Bad sound card of speakers?

sirplayalot
01-28-06, 09:42 AM
I have an Extigy USB sound card paired up with the Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers. Lately I've noticed a bad fuzzy sound comming out of the speakers. Its most noticeable in songs and games, its also noticeable in loud scenes of movies. My question is, do you think its the sound card or speakers?

keith33
01-28-06, 09:59 AM
If you tell Logitech its the speakers they'll happily send you replacements free of charge advanced RMA, so you could try that. They have the best RMA service I've ever dealt with.

However, IMO, I think it's your USB sound card, there's a reason that good sound cards are on the PCI bus to avoid degredation of signal etc. I would personally get an X-Fi for ~$100 and you'll see a SIGNIFICANT improvement of sound and a loss of the fuzzy sound.

j0j081
01-28-06, 10:25 AM
what's advanced RMA mean? they ship first? i'm just wondering because my logitech speakers have been acting up for months but too lazy to send them in.

keith33
01-28-06, 11:23 AM
Yep Advanced RMA means you leave a credit card number for security and they ship first.

superklye
01-28-06, 11:34 AM
I love cross-shipping and advanced RMAs. Kingston was the same way when I was havnig problems up the whazoo with my RAM last year.