PDA

View Full Version : max resolution on 6800GT confusion?

Geekusdeekus
01-28-06, 11:48 AM
I have a Leadtek 6800GT 256Mb card, Max resolution on this card is supposed to be 2048 X 1536 but all I seem to be able to raise it to is 1280 768 why is this? I have run this monitor on a 19" Philips LCD Monitor but now I am running it on an LG 26" Widescreen LCD that has a DVI input. Is the resolution determined by the monitor? I used the custom resolution utility and managed to raise it but I don't know the correct aspect ratio for my widescreen monitor, it raised fine so surely I should be able to raise it in the standard setting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as at the minute the dancing banana here (nana2) is about 3cm high on my screen haha!

Wheels617
01-28-06, 12:06 PM
To answer your question, yes the max resolution is determined by your lcd monitor. You can go beyond its reccomended specifications by setting a custom resolution, which it sounds like you did. I am guessing that perhaps you havent installed the lcd driver for your new monitor, as surely a monitor that big should have a bigger resolution. Let me know how you make out.

H-street
01-28-06, 04:24 PM
I have a Leadtek 6800GT 256Mb card, Max resolution on this card is supposed to be 2048 X 1536 but all I seem to be able to raise it to is 1280 768 why is this? I have run this monitor on a 19" Philips LCD Monitor but now I am running it on an LG 26" Widescreen LCD that has a DVI input. Is the resolution determined by the monitor? I used the custom resolution utility and managed to raise it but I don't know the correct aspect ratio for my widescreen monitor, it raised fine so surely I should be able to raise it in the standard setting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as at the minute the dancing banana here (nana2) is about 3cm high on my screen haha!

take what ever is the aspect of the native resolution and just go down from there

if you are doing a TV it is most likely 16:9

although if it is the LG i think it is, your Max resolution is 1280x768 which is a 16:10 resolution (which it was detected correctly)

but if it is a 16:9 resolution (look up its spec and find its native res)

1280x720
1920x1080
2048x1152

you may also want to add some 4:3 resolutions as a lot of games will pickup on them, like BF2..

so set some of these

1280x960
1440x1080
1536x1152

Geekusdeekus
01-29-06, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the input guys. It's actually an LG RZ-26LZ50, and I can't seem to find the bloody driver for it anywhere! You would think with it having a DVI input that they would have made a driver for it!

If I do manually input a custom resolution, is there any drawbacks or side effects to this?

I'm determined to sort it as I was going to buy a 24" Dell monitor, but with High Definition TV starting here in the UK soon I could just kill two birds with one stone and use this LCD for my monitor and replace it with a HDTV for TV viewing.

Again, appreciate the help guys.