PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am new and need opinions please!

its jeff
01-28-06, 10:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new here and would like some honest opinions on a product I have purchased. Overall I am satisfied with my purchase, I just was curious what other people thought of this board. If you post a reply please specify if you have actually used the MOBO or not

The mother board: ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty SLI

I know ABIT is not the best company right now, but there engineers are still doing a great job creating the products in my honest opinion. Please give your insight based on the specs if you do not own the board or have ever heard of it. A quick google search for "ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty SLI" will lead you to the specs.

Thanks Guys nice community BTW!

SH64
01-29-06, 01:07 AM
It should be decent though i'm not an Abit fan .. what are your other system specs ? are you going SLI ?

retsam
01-29-06, 01:18 AM
welcome to the boards!!...well ive only owned one abit board so i can only give you experiance based on that one board. i never had a problem with it. the one problem i do have is, when they name products after people. but other then that what are you trying to accomplish? are you looking to overclock or are you more of a stability person, like me.

its jeff
01-29-06, 03:48 PM
I like a product that is stable, I dont like random lock ups and all that good stuff. I wana use it as a media center (xbox 360, movies, games all that good stuff) I plan on using WMC on it. I am looking at dual core and mayb 2gb ram, I am looking at the audigy Fatal1ty which is the best card out to date i believe?

its jeff
01-29-06, 03:50 PM
I was looking at also the Hiper Type-R 580W Modular Power Supply - Black (SLI Certified) most review at pretty good, anyone have experience with it or comments?

http://www.xoxide.com/hiper-power-supply-black.html

einstein_314
01-29-06, 04:16 PM
I like a product that is stable, I dont like random lock ups and all that good stuff. I wana use it as a media center (xbox 360, movies, games all that good stuff) I plan on using WMC on it. I am looking at dual core and mayb 2gb ram, I am looking at the audigy Fatal1ty which is the best card out to date i believe?
It's actually the X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card that is pretty much the best out there . I think that's what you meant. I've got one and it's awesome. I'm sure you'll love it.

OWA
01-29-06, 04:24 PM
I'm currently using the Abit Fatal1ty A8N-SLI in my 2nd system. I like it and it has been stable. Edit: I did have to flash the bios to the latest (at the time) before I could get the X-Fi Xtreme Music card to work in it though.

Zelda_fan
01-30-06, 12:50 AM
I've owned one ABIT. The ABIT BP6. A dual celeron. My experience is that ABIT is great at putting cool technologies onto the boards, but they aren't quite as stable as ASUS. Right now I have an ASUS and it is rock solid. In the future I will only buy ASUS>

ViN86
01-30-06, 06:38 PM
i dont really have any experience with abit boards, but all ive heard about the fatal1ty line of everything is that its overpriced. if youre lookin for a solid board, id go with an asus. if youre lookin to OC, id go with DFI.

i have read good reviews about the fatal1ty board nonetheless ;)