PDA

View Full Version : 6800 GS Video in ?????

bugmage
01-29-06, 10:20 AM
I have a 6800 gs evga and it came with a cable with high def out and svideo and componet in. Are these cards also TV tuners? and if so how do i turn them on

ive seen a few articals on google mention a tv in but nothing much

help me out guys

jAkUp
01-29-06, 12:46 PM
That card is not a TV Tuner, it does have VIVO though.

bugmage
01-29-06, 01:31 PM
VIVO?
video in video out? how do i set that up? whats the ntune software for that?

jeffmd
01-29-06, 03:07 PM
Are you sure its svideo/comp in? Most of the nvidia cards offer svideo/tv out and none of the GS AGP verants I have seen have them. GS is a budget chip, I can't see VIVO chips in them.

VIVO is like a basic video input capability. Its possible to input and capture video at resolutions of 320x240 and even 640x480, but usualy quality is far lower then a quality TV card or dedicated video capture card. Also the capture siftware are often left to the user to obtain. And i'm not sure how nvidia does it, but ati cards had to have their capture drivers coupled with a specific set of video drivers. So not only did you have sucky video input, you couldn't update your drivers like everyone else for a long time (keep in mind I am refering to ATIs vivo cards. The all in wonders that use the theatre chips are different and better maintained).

IMO vivo is worthless. If you want video in, buy a quality capture card, don't nerf your 3d card for it.

Richteralan
01-29-06, 03:10 PM
Are you sure its svideo/comp in? Most of the nvidia cards offer svideo/tv out and none of the GS AGP verants I have seen have them. GS is a budget chip, I can't see VIVO chips in them.

VIVO is like a basic video input capability. Its possible to input and capture video at resolutions of 320x240 and even 640x480, but usualy quality is far lower then a quality TV card or dedicated video capture card. Also the capture siftware are often left to the user to obtain. And i'm not sure how nvidia does it, but ati cards had to have their capture drivers coupled with a specific set of video drivers. So not only did you have sucky video input, you couldn't update your drivers like everyone else for a long time (keep in mind I am refering to ATIs vivo cards. The all in wonders that use the theatre chips are different and better maintained).

IMO vivo is worthless. If you want video in, buy a quality capture card, don't nerf your 3d card for it.

6800GS is never a budget chip.
PCIe version uses NV42, which is Geforce Go 6800 Ultra.
AGP version uses NV40, which is original AGP 6800GT/Ultra.

jeffmd
01-29-06, 03:14 PM
rich, any series whose GPU is made from defective high end chips is IMO.. a budget chip. ^^ Also $200 is IMO a budget price range. Lower is "I'm to cheap to put any money in my PC and I am blind to the fact the card I buy now will once again not beable to play any games 1 year from now" ;)