PDA

View Full Version : Getting H20 cooling - need tips!

darkrider01
01-30-06, 05:13 PM
I ordered the Vantec STG-100 water cooling kit today.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999633
This will be my first water cooling setup. I'll probably only run the CPU, NB, and SB blocks. GPU overclocks never yield as the results that CPU overclocks do. Do you guys have any tips or suggestions?

Banko
01-30-06, 05:36 PM
I don't know what tips I can actually give you since you already ordered a kit. It's all pretty much the same just make sure to leak test the system for at least 24 hours outside the case... Personally for that amount of money I would've went for a completely different water cooling kit...

darkrider01
01-30-06, 07:13 PM
I looked at other kits, but this kit had so many things included. It has blocks for the CPU, Northbridge, Southbridge, and a GPU block. I understand that buying pieces and piecing one together might give better performace, but I was looking for the ability to cool the CPU, NB, and SB for less than $200. Is it possible to get everything in that Kit for less than $200?

Banko
01-30-06, 09:02 PM
No, but why would you cool the SB? One of them is most likely for the video card...

darkrider01
01-31-06, 09:27 AM
Yeah, but there are 4 blocks included in the Vantec kit. According to Newegg, the blocks are for the CPU, NB, SB, and GPU. That's why I thought that this kit was pretty good as you get 4 blocks for less than $200.

Also, thanks for your replies Banko.