PDA

View Full Version : New Koolance VID-200-L06 (Vid) Release Date: 02-17-06

Digital_Trans
01-31-06, 08:18 AM
Overview

The VID-200-L06 is a combined GPU and memory cooler for high-end video cooling. It is designed for GeForce 7800 and Radeon 1800/1900 series video cards, in AGP, PCI-Express, and dual video configurations. It will also work on most GT, LE, Ultra, GS, and XT versions of the 6800 (but not the regular 6800).

Installation is simple, with 360-degree rotational nozzles and a tool-less mounting bracket. The VID-200-L06 combines a gold-plated high density solid copper chipset cooler, and anodized aluminum memory cooler.

NOTE: If there are rear memory modules on your card, the original heat spreader can be kept (attached with thermal tape or adhesive, if not screws). Otherwise, additional self-adhesive video RAM heat sinks are available from Koolance. Direct url: http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=129

Note: It's still not clear if this item is going to supports water cooling for owners of a 7800 GTX 512 Card. This revised version still looks like it's predecessor the VID-NV2-L06 (Vid) Which I've attached pictures of. Can you see anything different from the two?

VID-200-L06 (Vid) Direct url: http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=262

VID-NV2-L06 (Vid) Direct url: http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29_46&products_id=174

DiscipleDOC
01-31-06, 09:11 AM
I'm kinda lazy today...but are there any prices posted for these?

Digital_Trans
02-01-06, 08:10 AM
url links provided. Why don't you go and check out the information?
Anyway, It appears that alot of you are not using water cooling for your video cards or else I would have got some kind of feedback on this topic.
Anyway, I e-mailed Koolance to find out if their new Koolance VID-200-L06
supports a 7800 GTX 512 graphics card. I'll let you all know if it does.

Digital_Trans
02-02-06, 12:35 AM
Okay, for anyone that cares to hear the following feedback from Koolance in regards to the Koolance VID-200-L06 (Vid) Release Date: 02-17-06
Here's what they had to say.

Digital_Trans> Hello, Koolance will the new VID-200-L06
(Vid) fit and watercool a 7800 GTX 512MB X16
PCI-Express graphics card? I've been waiting for ever
on a release of a Koolance product that would water
cool a 7800 GTX 512MB graphics card. Please reply
soon...thank you!

Koolance> Hello, The VID-200 (or NV2) fits the 512M, but no extensive thermal testing has been done yet to confirm compatibility. We are not expecting any issues. Thank you for your inquiry.

Digital_Trans> Question, When will Koolance labs be doing an
extensive thermal test on the The VID-200 (or NV2) to
see wether or not this is a solid effective product for water cooling
"Ultra High-end" graphics cards such as my Nvidia BFG
7800 GTX-OC 512MB-GDDR3 Memory VS. A standard stock
heatsink?

Koolance> We have the card on order for 2 months. If the supply problem is solved, it will only take a day to confirm. Thank you for your inquiry,
Info

Koolance, Inc.
www.koolance.com