PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam 2.... WOW

Tygerwoody
01-31-06, 09:35 AM
After hearing all the HORRIBLE reviews and horrible player accounts of the game, i just had to test it out. I ended up buying it at EB expecting to have to return it, but to my surprise it is an absolute BLAST to play . I played Coop with a friend of mine and it was just nonstop action. Very good graphics for your performance you get, and VERY fun.

:thumbsup:

Anyone here agree with me on this or am I just crazy?

|MaguS|
01-31-06, 09:41 AM
Your crazy... Go play the originals, far better.

jolle
01-31-06, 10:01 AM
IMO all Serious Sam games are pretty fun in Coop, but totally useless in SP..
Perhaps cause coop games are so few, looking forward to Alien Swarm Infested and SvenCoop2.

|MaguS|
01-31-06, 10:02 AM
System Shock 2 is probably one of my favorite COOP games, also the Original DOOM and Quake.

CaptNKILL
01-31-06, 10:31 AM
System Shock 2 is probably one of my favorite COOP games, also the Original DOOM and Quake.
Quake had COOP?!? Man, I would love to play that... I loved Quake :)

Tygerwoody
01-31-06, 10:33 AM
Your crazy... Go play the originals, far better.
I've beaten both Serious Sam and the Second encounter... Thanks :thumbsup:

|MaguS|
01-31-06, 11:02 AM
Quake had COOP?!? Man, I would love to play that... I loved Quake :)

All ID games preQuake3 had Coop... Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Hexen 2, Heretic 2, Quake and Quake 2.

Heres the only website you need for COOP Info.
http://shadowpanther.net/co-op.htm

Tygerwoody
01-31-06, 11:41 AM
All ID games preQuake3 had Coop... Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Hexen 2, Heretic 2, Quake and Quake 2.

Heres the only website you need for COOP Info.
http://shadowpanther.net/co-op.htm
wow thanks for the link :thumbsup:

_Thanatos_
02-01-06, 06:30 AM

Eh.... Hexen1/ 2. Nice game, but not for 'brain relaxation' :). I had sometimes problems with Hexen(1) at the end in CO-mode, but Hexen2 worked perfectly. Hmmm... Now I realize that I want Hexen 3 :).

lognoronon
02-01-06, 09:21 AM
I like Serious Sam 2 and I own the original and second encounter. I don't get all the negative feedback on it but everyone is entitled to their opinion /shrug.

mullet
02-01-06, 09:28 AM
quake 2 coop was fun. back in the B&C days with coax. haha

CaptNKILL
02-01-06, 09:35 AM
Quake 2 had co-op!? God damn, I wish I would have had a decent internet connection back then... I absolutely loved that game. I played DM and CTF with the Eraser Bot all the time on my Pentium 2 400Mhz, Voodoo 3 2000 machine. Too bad my 26.4k dialup made it impossible to play anything online other than half-life mods. I dont know why, but thats all I ever got to work on that connection... everything else lagged all to hell and wouldnt play.

Sven Coop for half-life is the only co-op I have played in really really long time. That is loads of fun (even if some of the maps are glitchy as hell). I cant wait for a Source version of that mod :)

|MaguS|
02-01-06, 09:50 AM
Man you missed alot... Wana play COOP now? ^^

jAkUp
02-01-06, 02:06 PM
Swat4 COOP is fun :D Expansion just went gold, bring on teh woot

stncttr908
02-01-06, 05:08 PM
Swat4 COOP is fun :D Expansion just went gold, bring on teh woot
My friends and I just started playing it again yesterday in anticipation. :D

Serious Sam 2 co-op was pretty fun, but it did get stale after a few hours.

OWA
02-01-06, 11:40 PM
I was going to pick this up tonight while I was out getting the Mx vs ATV game but couldn't find it. So, I'm currently downloading it from Direct2Drive. Wish I would have started the download earlier in the evening. It's going to take a while to download 2.5 gig at 335k/sec.