PDA

View Full Version : Max Temp for Lanparty SLI-DR chipset?

Buenamos
01-31-06, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure if any of you remember, but a few months ago I posted about how my framerates would go way down for a few seconds and then go back up. I recently installed Motherboard Monitor again, and my alarm has gone off twice for my chipset getting hot! Yesterday it got all the way up to 74C, is that too high? Thanx in advance.

Roliath
01-31-06, 12:49 PM
74c is pretty hot, mine only gets to about 55c with my gtx cooler covering most of it up.
Since your in SLI, I'd recommend getting a new chipset cooler, and see if that drops temps down enough. If not, get a 80mm fan blowing air to that area in conjuction with a new chipset cooler.
I bought one of these (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835110106) at frys but it was the none LED version and it kept my chipset temps under 51c. But that was on my old SLI-DR, the one that fried my ram. I have yet to install one on my new board.

Also it was alot quieter than the stock chipset cooler also.

einstein_314
01-31-06, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I'd say that is too hot for the chipset. Mine only goes to about 55c. Maybe the cooler has come loose and isn't attached correctly? Mine came off pretty easily once when I was assembling my computer a while back.

Buenamos
01-31-06, 05:17 PM
Well, I got it fixed! I grabbed one of the fans that was in the front intake of the case and attached it to one of my GTX's so it blows directly into my chipset fan and both of my video cards. It dropped my chipset idle from 58 to 42 and my load from 74 (WOW!) to 55! Plus my GTX's cooled off a lot too. ;)