PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Coming To PC ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SH64
02-01-06, 08:52 AM
http://worthplaying.com/print.php?sid=31558

Bungie has updated the jobs section on its website revealing that it is currently looking for several people to fill jobs geared towards PC applications. Bungie is currently looking for Graphics, Audio, Network and Game Programmers, all PC related. Knowledge of DirectX9, Xbox SDK, and compatibility issues are required, and it further states "Want to work on the biggest franchises for Microsoft Game Studios?" Ok, it's a little bit far fetched, but who knows.

well i'd really like to try Halo 2 on PC but PLEASE Bungie .. dont make it run like the first one!! :|

Riptide
02-01-06, 09:02 AM
Yeah the first one runs great now but boy was it ugly when it first came out. 1Kx768 on a 9700Pro was the best I could do.

If they come out with a PC version of Halo 2 I will pre-order for sure. :D

Superfly
02-01-06, 10:27 AM
would be nice to see!!

CaptNKILL
02-01-06, 10:52 AM
They should make it multiplayer-compatible with XBox-live so I can finally pwn all those damn kids :firedevil

|MaguS|
02-01-06, 10:53 AM
Should make sure COOP actually makes it in this time...

Riptide
02-01-06, 11:30 AM
Yeah COOP would be badass. I understand SS2 has that. I might have to convince a few friends to try and play through it with me. :)

evilchris
02-01-06, 11:32 AM
Play it on the 360, it looks and runs really nice.

Riptide
02-01-06, 11:48 AM
I'll wait to play it in 1080p w/AA on my computer. :)

LiquidX
02-01-06, 11:55 AM
I must admit Halo 2 is a great, great game. Its also one of those games you can just pick up and play over and over. I hope it does come to the pc.

evilchris
02-01-06, 11:57 AM
I'll wait to play it in 1080p w/AA on my computer. :)

It's 4x AA on 360 =). But just upsampled 480p - 720p.

Riptide
02-01-06, 12:10 PM
I would pick up one if money weren't tight right now. I just blew almost $2K on my monitor/TV. Otherwise I would give it a shot. So for now I will just wait until I can get the game for $50 on the PC (if it ever comes out that is).

I have nothing against consoles or the xbox for the record. Some of the users on the other hand... But the same can be said for PCs. lol

t6_shadow
02-01-06, 07:38 PM
They should make it multiplayer-compatible with XBox-live so I can finally pwn all those damn kids :firedevil

Yeah I would love to own them too. Or the console gamers can come play me in cs with their "super 360 controller" they think they would stand a chance. Idiots.

GamerGuyX
02-02-06, 12:00 AM
Yeah I would love to own them too. Or the console gamers can come play me in cs with their "super 360 controller" they think they would stand a chance. Idiots.

Let me guess, your also one of those people that think only kids play consoles. :rolleyes:

CaptNKILL
02-02-06, 12:16 AM
Let me guess, your also one of those people that think only kids play consoles. :rolleyes:
Maybe, but the most irritating kids that play video games online are all over XBox Live like stink on sh*t. I would take great pleasure in knocking them down a few notches... or at least hearing them scream in frustration before exiting the game :D

GamerGuyX
02-02-06, 12:20 AM
Maybe, but the most irritating kids that play video games online are all over XBox Live like stink on sh*t.

Okay and I think that the most irritating kids play CS on PC. Where does that get us?

jAkUp
02-02-06, 12:23 AM
Yea, CS probably has close to the worst, but other PC games are far more mature than CS.

CaptNKILL
02-02-06, 12:28 AM
Okay and I think that the most irritating kids play CS on PC. Where does that get us?
I dont know, are we supposed to be getting anywhere? I just thought itd be fun to use my 1337 mousing sk1llz to kick the asses of anoying people on XBox live. :p

GamerGuyX
02-02-06, 12:32 AM
I dont know, are we supposed to be getting anywhere? I just thought itd be fun to use my 1337 mousing sk1llz to kick the asses of anoying people on XBox live. :p

Yes and I find it fun playing PC games online with a controller and pwning those "1337 KB&M" players that think controllers are "teh suck".

nutcrackr
02-02-06, 12:40 AM
Now how could anybody have possibly guessed that a "Halo 2 for PC" thread would turn into a console vs PC debate in one way or another. I had no idea it would :rolleyes:

I probably would be very interested if they brough Halo 2 to PC, I really quite enjoyed mp for Halo on PC and the single player was ok.

GamerGuyX
02-02-06, 12:43 AM
Now how could anybody have possibly guessed that a "Halo 2 for PC" thread would turn into a console vs PC debate in one way or another. I had no idea it would :rolleyes:

Now just how did I know you coming in here and posting was going to lead to a smartass comment? http://forums.raiden.net/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

:p

CaptNKILL
02-02-06, 12:50 AM
Yes and I find it fun playing PC games online with a controller and pwning those "1337 KB&M" players that think controllers are "teh suck".
Easy there killer, this isnt an e-penis competition :D ... controllers are fine, I just have 10 years of FPS experience with a mouse and keyboard vs. maybe a total of a months worth of FPS experience with a controller. When I go to a friends house to play an XBox Live game with my crappy controller skills vs very irritating loud players (usually squeeky voiced pre-pubescent ones at that), I usually get my ass pwnt because I cant control the damn thing. They then go on OHHHH, OHHHH, YOU NUB, HA HA HA, I OWWWNNNED YOU NUB.

Id like to be able to even it out by using the thing I actually have experience with. Obviously if you can own CS players with your controller, then theres nothing wrong with me wanting to own Halo 2 players with my mouse.

EDIT: Heh, didnt mean to make that sound too serious... all in fun :p

GamerGuyX
02-02-06, 12:57 AM
Easy there killer, this isnt an e-penis competition...

No worries Tiger, I was referring to t6_shadow in the first place (if I remember correctly this isn't his first time saying controllers suck compared to KB&M).

CaptNKILL
02-02-06, 01:19 AM
No worries Tiger, I was referring to t6_shadow in the first place (if I remember correctly this isn't his first time saying controllers suck compared to KB&M).
haha, you know for some reason I dont think I even saw his comment till just now... :retard: :p

GamerGuyX
02-02-06, 01:49 AM
EDIT: Heh, didnt mean to make that sound too serious... all in fun :p

I should report you to MikeC... we'll see who's having "fun" then.

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/admin.gif

:D

overheat
02-02-06, 03:06 AM

I would woop your ass even with a controller ;)