PDA

View Full Version : DDR Driving Strengh

fasedww
02-01-06, 07:03 PM
In the bios where it has this DDR Driving Strengh, Says normal Then 15% reduced, 30%, 50%, Which runs the memory at a faster time?, reduced or normal?.:)

john19055
02-03-06, 03:19 AM
I would run it at normal ,but you can always try the others and see if they will run better ,but if it is going to run tighter timeings make sure your memory can handle it.

Superfly
02-03-06, 05:04 AM
Driving Strength determines the signal strength of the memory data line, stick to normal as a reduced signal is not the best idea.

it wont effect your performance, only your stability.

J-Mag
02-03-06, 12:28 PM
Agreed. Although, TCCD 512mb sticks like slightly lower drive strengths. I have found that most 1gb sticks prefer the highest drive strength you can give them.

fasedww
02-05-06, 01:41 PM
Driving Strength determines the signal strength of the memory data line, stick to normal as a reduced signal is not the best idea.

it wont effect your performance, only your stability.Yeah I mean ddr data drive strength, There is one that says ddr driving strength, It has two options normal or weak.Mine is set to normal, The ddr data driving strength is disabled 15%, 30%, 50%, right now I got it set at 15%.:)